- MARKET TRENDS
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
- BUYER'S GUIDE
This year’s Expo is the premier destination for snack, bakery and food processors and packagers.
The Worldwide Food Expo is the world’s largest food and beverage technology event in North America that comes around every two years.
The expo which will take place October 28-31 at Chicago’s McCormick Place, will offer educational sessions that showcase food safety and regulation, sustainability, product development, regulatory updates, business strategies, workshops and consumer market trends and will host 75 conference workshops featuring the latest innovations in formulation, processing, packaging, distribution and more.
WWFE will host 900 exhibitors and 20,000 attendees, including executives, plant managers, purchasing agents, engineers, researchers and operations managers.
Attendees can hit up the Seasonings, Flavorings & Ingredients Pavilion, which will highlight product additives and enhancements, and will offer cooking demonstrations that incorporate new recipes and products.
The Sustainability Pavilion is the place to be to learn about what products and trends are driving demand and sales for the food industry. Reach consumers with messages that resonate, prepare for a crisis, make more money at retail and become environmentally responsible.
With extensive education, attendees will discover how to keep their operations running smoothly, stay on top of important issues and trends, and keep up with the latest products, services and technologies. Look for educational sessions featuring:
· Sustainability: How to develop and implement a sustainability strategy; dollars and sense of sustainability; case studies on cost reductions; new technologies and renewable energies.
· Food Safety: Explore the tensions between “effective” and “efficient” production, E-coli, listeria intervention and control; upgrade older plant operations.
· Consumer Trends: Lean what’s on the consumers’ mind; international and national consumption and product trends; buying local; and how the economy is changing buying habits.
· Product Development: Emerging flavor trends; creating new products that “pop,” how to target the feeding and aging population.
· Business Fundamentals: Fundamentals 101 for the new manager; business health for plant operations; human resources and inventory management; cash flow and production costs.
· Regulatory Updates: Get the latest updates on regulatory issues facing the dairy, food and beverage industry.
· Pre-Expo Workshops: Dairy Industry Orientation, HACCP, SQF and Better Processed Cheese School
What: Worldwide Food Expo
Where: McCormick Center, Chicago
When: October 27-31
Who: 20,000 attendees
No. of Exhibitors: 900
Interested participants can register online at www.worldwidefood.com, or check out the show’s on-site registration hours, cancellation policy and hotel details.