- MARKET TRENDS
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
- BUYER'S GUIDE
That, according to Snack Food Association president & CEO Jim McCarthy, is exactly what attendees and exhibitors at SNAXPO 2008 in San Antonio, Texas, March 1-4, will experience.
“Whether it’s with equipment, ingredients, products or services, companies on the leading edge of the industry will be exhibiting at SNAXPO,” McCarthy says. “We’re rounding them up, and they’re ready to go.”
According to the SFA, these are the key reasons for attending and exhibiting at SNAXPO:
• It’s the world’s premier event for the snack food industry.
• No other show in 2008 will offer exhibitors the number and quality of attendees looking to do business.
• SNAXPO attracts buyers, decision-makers and industry leaders from around the world, including Asia, Latin America, Europe and The Pacific Rim.
• Exhibitors at SNAXPO help define the future direction of products and new ways to cut costs and build profits.
• SNAXPO educational sessions and special programs provide valuable information and unique opportunities for networking with some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
As the seventh largest hub in the United States, San Antonio features a rich multicultural heritage, brimming with sophisticated attractions and Old West flavor. Although most famous for being built around the Alamo, the San Antonio of today is a thriving center of trade, education, government, hospitality, telemarketing, medicine, biomedical research and high tech industries.
A special attraction at this year’s SNAXPO will be an opening reception on Saturday evening, March 1, with Texan food and music at the famous Buckhorn Museum & Saloon. The museum is housed in the former Lone Star Brewery and boasts one of the world’s largest collections of Texas and Western artwork and artifacts featuring the famed Texas Rangers. It also houses a wax museum and one of the world’s longest and oldest bars.
“That’s just one of many important networking opportunities that will be provided at SNAXPO,” says McCarthy, who notes that former Congressman J.C. Watts, a keynote speaker on Sunday, will attend the SnackPAC Reception just prior to the Saturday opening reception at 5:30 p.m. McCarthy points out that prior authorization is required to attend this event, and those interested should contact him at 1-703-836-4500, ext. 201, for details.