- Current Issue
- Digital Edition
- Media Kit
- Contact Staff
- SPECIAL REPORTS
- Buyer's Guide
- Supplier Standpoints
- MARKET TRENDS
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
- BUYER'S GUIDE
Packaging Strategies, a BNP Media publication/conference organizer and sister publication to Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery, expands its Sustainable Packaging Forum program to provide more educational and networking opportunities, making what it says is one of its most compelling forums to date.
Highlights include an insightful keynote discussion on who should pay for recycling and how, including:
Recycling Reinvented: Should Companies Pay for Recycling? Opening keynote presenter Michael Washburn, director of sustainability at Nestle Waters, will discuss a new way to look at recycling and how it could be transformed through corporate and legislative means.
Extended Producer Responsibility: Does It Deliver as Promised? Meghan Stasz, senior director of sustainability at the Grocery Manufacturers Association, will offer a fact-based argument on whether EPR really works, taken from a GMA study.
• Global Standards and the Impact on Packaging. Hear how new ISO standards will affect how companies must work within sustainability goals and meet global objectives, including discussions from ISO leaders and both Coca-Cola and SABMiller.
• Key sessions on the sustainability challenges and opportunities leveraged for foodservice and cosmetics packaging.
• A look at how package development and design will be transformed by new tools and mandates in sustainability.
• Dual tracks of breakout sessions allowing you to customize your educational experience and learn specifically about the topics that interest you most.
• Expanded exhibit hours providing more opportunities to find business solutions from the industry's leading suppliers.
• Numerous networking functions helping you further develop professional networks.
In addition, the forum will be co-located with the Sustainable Packaging Coalition fall members' meeting, Sept. 10-11. For more forum details and registration instructions, visit www.sustainablepackagingforum.com.