PMMI to launch SMB FastTrack at PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2013
Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute (PMMI) is launching SMB FastTrack at PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2013, to be held Sept. 23-25 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The new initiative is designed to quickly and efficiently connect small and midsized businesses (SMBs) with packaging and processing solutions and other vital resources.
“Small- and medium-sized businesses account for 46% of private-sector output in the U.S. economy alone,” says Charles D. Yuska, president and CEO of Reston, Va.-based PMMI, the owner and producer of PACK EXPO Las Vegas. “Multiply that out on a global scale and their impact is undeniable. Creating a special program that makes it easier for SMBs to source innovation, build their network and advance their operations is a natural step in the evolution of the PACK EXPO shows.”
There is no fee to participate in the SMB FastTrack program. To qualify for the program, participants must register for PACK EXPO Las Vegas before Aug. 26 and work for an industrial or consumer packaged goods company with annual revenues between $50 million and $500 million. Preshow registration costs $30 per person.
All SMB FastTrack program participants will receive:
• A special guide to PACK EXPO Las Vegas, including an official list of SMB FastTrack exhibitors that have committed to providing special financing, discounts or support for SMBs. The guide will also provide a map of the show floor, a list of restaurants on-site and other information that will help participants navigate the show.
• Access to special on-floor education. More details about education will be announced in the coming weeks.
C-level executives (president, vice president, owner, managing director, CEO, CFO, COO and others) will qualify for the SMB FastTrack Platinum program. In addition to the benefits outlined above, these participants will receive:
• Access to a Personal Equipment & Technology Sourcing Service (beginning June 17). With this service, participants will get personalized guidance to exhibitors they should visit at the show based on the technologies they need or the challenges they are looking to solve.
• Unlimited use of the FastTrack Executive Lounge during the show. This designated space will be equipped with all the things busy executives need to be productive, including meeting rooms that can be reserved in advance, opportunities to network with SMB peers, coffee and lunch service, charging stations for laptops and phones and use of computers and printers.
• Free advanced show registration. Qualifying attendees must register by Aug. 26 using a promotional code provided by PMMI. On-site registration will cost $60 per person.
• A preshow package of PMMI’s most recent market and trends studies, typically only available for purchase to nonmember companies.