Cargill to market foodservice olive oil products
Cargill says it struck a deal with Filippo Berio Olive Oil in which it will be licensed to market a set of foodservice olive oil products under the Filippo Berio Culinary Selection brand. The deal includes five distinct olive oil products that meet the varying needs of foodservice operators, while maintaining the high-quality, delicious-tasting olive oil products that Filippo Berio is known for worldwide.
“We are pleased to enter into this agreement with Cargill to further the distribution of Filippo Berio Olive Oil beyond the kitchens of home cooks, where our products have been a staple for 150 years, and into foodservice industry kitchens across the country,” says Massimo Saracchi, CEO of SALOV S.p.A., which owns the Filippo Berio Olive Oil brand. “As olive oil consumption continues to grow rapidly in the United States, this partnership enables us to provide foodservice operators with products that meet the standard of quality set forth by our founder, Filippo Berio, himself.”
The new line of olive oil products licensed to Cargill includes:
• Filippo Berio Culinary Selection Extra Virgin Olive Oil, perfect for dressings and marinades, drizzling on top of foods, dipping and sautéing.
• Filippo Berio Culinary Selection Olive Oil, ideal for shallow pan frying, sautéing, grilling, baking and roasting.
• Filippo Berio Culinary Selection Sauté & Grill Oil, a blend of 80% high-oleic canola oil and 20% extra virgin olive oil for superior performance during high-heat food preparations.
• Filippo Berio Culinary Selection All Purpose Oil, a blend of 75% conventional canola oil and 25% extra virgin oil for marinades, dressing and pizza dough.
• Filippo Berio Culinary Selection Every Day Oil, a blend of 85% conventional soybean oil and 15% olive oil, versatile for a variety of food preparations.