- Current Issue
- Digital Edition
- Media Kit
- Contact Staff
- SPECIAL REPORTS
- Buyer's Guide
- Supplier Standpoints
- MARKET TRENDS
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
- BUYER'S GUIDE
With more than 48% of the votes, Tumaro’s Low-in-Carb Wraps are the winner of Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery’s Best New Snack & Bakery Products of 2013. The low-carb, low-fat wraps are produced by Tumaro’s, Providence, R.I. Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Cups from Pepperidge Farm, Norwalk, Conn., came in second with 43% of the votes, while Tortatos from RW Garcia, San Jose, Calif., garnered 4% of the votes.
In December, the editors of Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery reviewed the new products featured in 2013 and selected their 10 favorite bakery and snack food products based on originality, packaging and taste. The finalists were posted on www.snackandbakery.com, and Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery readers were invited to vote for their favorites, via social media platforms and the magazine’s website, through Jan. 31.
Below is a list of all the candidates and how they fared in Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery’s Best New Snack & Bakery Products of 2013.
1. Tumaro’s Low-in-Carb Wraps (48% of votes)
2. Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Cups (43% of votes)
3. RW Garcia Tortatos (4% of votes)
4. Rudi’s Gluten-Free Savory Herb Stuffing (2% of votes)
5. Tribes-A-Dozen Voila! Hallah All Natural Egg Bread Mixes (less than 2% of votes)
6. TH Foods’ Crunchmaster Popped Edamame Chips (less than 2% of votes)
7. Farm Rich Chili Cheese Bites (less than 2% of votes)
8. General Mills’ Old El Paso Stand ’N Stuff Soft Flour Tortillas (less than 2% of votes)
9. Nabisco Rice Thins (less than 2% of votes)
10. Hormel Foods’ Hormel REV Wraps (less than 2% of votes)
Congratulations to all the participants!