SNAXPO, the world's top snack event
Snack producers from around the world will gather in Savannah, GA April 1–4 for SNAXPO 2017. The event will take place at the Savannah International Trade and Convention Center.
SNAXPO is SNAC International’s annual trade show devoted exclusively to the international snack food industry. SNAXPO showcases the latest equipment, technology, ingredients, products and services aimed at improving a snack producer’s operations. An estimated 1,200 snack industry professionals from around the world are expected to attend SNAXPO 2017. The show attracts leading manufacturers and suppliers from all areas of the snack food industry, with more than 150 exhibitors are expected.
SNAXPO 2017 will offer several educational sessions, including:
- “Food Law and Regulation Update,” Martin Hahn, partner, Hogan Lovells US LLC, featuring an overview of the state of regulatory affairs in Washington, D.C., including labeling regulations, the new Nutrition Facts panel and mandatory biotech disclosures, FDA’s sodium reduction guidance, and enforcement of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), as well as an update on the ongoing litigation activity related to California’s Proposition 65 rules on acrylamide in snack foods
- “New and Emerging Snacks—Traditional and Better-for-You,” Sally Lyons Wyatt, executive vice president and practice leader, client insights, IRI, discussing new and emerging snacks, both traditional and in the better-for-you/healthy category, as well as a focus on seasonings
- “The New Outlook for Food Policy in D.C.,” Mike Torrey, principal and founder, Michael Torrey Associates, providing an inside look into how the evolving political landscape in Washington could impact the snack industry
- “State of Snacking: Lessons Learned from the Global Market,” Jared Koerten, senior analyst, Euromonitor, covering cover the state of the U.S. snacking, with a focus on the major trends, growth drivers and innovations that are shaping the market, including some discussion of the global market, highlighting key lessons and potential growth opportunities from a broader context
- “Navigating the Nutrition Facts Panel,” Beth Johnson, MS, RD, principal and CEO, Food Directions LLC, with an interactive session to walk snack producers through a roadmap of the new requirements and how to comply
SNAXPO unites top management, qualified buyers and key decision-makers from the snack food industry, including producers of potato chips, tortilla chips, pretzels, popcorn, snack crackers, pork rinds and more.
For complete details, visit http://snaxpo.com.