Nonni’s sweet-and-salty treat is manufactured by Nonni’s Foods, LLC in Tulsa, Okla. Boulder, Colo.-based Thanasi Foods’ BIGS Hidden Valley Ranch Sunflower Seeds came in second with 28% of the votes. Sister Schubert’s Sweet Hawaiian Rolls from Sister Schubert’s Homemade Rolls, Luverne, Ala., garnered 10% of the votes.
In January, the editors of Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery reviewed the new products featured in 2012 and selected their 10 favorite bakery and snack food products based on originality, packaging and taste. The finalists were posted on www.snackandbakery.com, and Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery readers were invited, via social media platforms and the magazine’s website, to vote for their favorites through Feb. 28.
Below is a list of all the candidates and how they fared in Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery’s Best New Snack & Bakery Products of 2012.
1. Nonni’s Foods' Nonni’s Biscotti Salted Caramel (52% of votes)
2. Thanasi Foods’ BIGS Hidden Valley Ranch-flavored sunflower seeds (28% of votes)
3. Sister Schubert’s Sweet Hawaiian Rolls (10% of votes)
4. Kraft belVita Biscuits (3% of votes)
5. Global Franchise Group Pretzelmaker’s Mini Pretzel Dogs (2% of votes)
6. Chabaso Bakery's Grain Logic Demi Loaves (1% of votes)
7. Kettle Brand Cheddar Beer Potato Chips (1% of votes)
8. Quaker Foods' Quaker Popped (1% of votes)
9. Health Warrior Chia Bars (1% of votes)
10. Interstate Bakeries' Wonder SmartWhite for Kids (1% of votes)
Congratulations to all of the participants!