McCormick & Company Inc., a global leader in flavor, announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Reckitt Benckiser's Food Division ("RB Foods") from Reckitt Benckiser Group plc ("RB") for $4.2 billion, subject to certain customary purchase price adjustments.
- Addition of Frank's RedHot Hot Sauce, French's Mustard and other iconic, market-leading products strengthens McCormick's leadership in the attractive Condiments category and advances the Company's vision to Bring the Joy of Flavor to Life
- McCormick to advance from current position of #10 to a leading position in U.S. Condiments category
- Acquisition provides a leadership position in the advantaged Hot Sauce Category with Frank's RedHot, the #1 brand in the U.S. and Canada
- Combined pro forma 2017 annual net sales are expected to be approximately $5 billion with significant margin accretion
- McCormick will integrate RB Foods into its Consumer and Industrial segments and will retain the brand names of French's, Frank's RedHot and Cattlemen's
"The acquisition of RB Foods strengthens McCormick's flavor leadership with the addition of the iconic French's and Frank's RedHot brands to our portfolio, which will become our number two and number three brands, respectively," said Lawrence E. Kurzius, chairman, president, and chief executive officer. "RB Foods' focus on creating products with simple, high-quality ingredients makes it a perfect match for McCormick as we continue to capitalize on the growing consumer interest in healthy, flavorful eating. The addition of Frank's RedHot Hot Sauce, the clear consumer favorite in an attractive and high-growth category, French's Mustard and the other beloved products enables McCormick to become a one-stop shop for condiment, spice and seasoning needs, providing our customers and consumers with an even more diverse and complete flavor product offering. RB Foods' track record of creating market-leading products and its dedicated state-of-the-art manufacturing facility are a strong complementary fit that we expect will strengthen McCormick's business opportunities as we expand our presence in condiments, a core category for the Company in the U.S. and internationally."
Kurzius continued, "This transaction reinforces our focus on growth, reflecting McCormick's commitment to making every meal and moment better and driving significant shareholder value. We have great respect for RB Foods and the strong business its employees have built. McCormick will be able to grow these brands in new and unique ways through our proven track record of insight-driven innovation and the ability to leverage our global footprint. We are confident McCormick is the perfect home for RB Foods' popular brands and employees."
RB Foods is a leader in the growing U.S. Condiments market, with a portfolio of iconic brands and a loyal consumer following. Frank's RedHot Hot Sauce, French's Mustard, French's Crispy Vegetables and Cattlemen's BBQ Sauce have all captured attractive market share positions in their respective categories. Frank's RedHot has a passionate consumer following and is the number one brand in its market in the U.S and Canada, with growth outpacing the category. French's Mustard is also number one in its category in the U.S. and Canada.