What: FREE Webinar
When: ON DEMAND
Strike Snacking Gold with Sorghum Supergrain
Ancient whole grains are in high demand with consumers requesting more nutrient-dense, whole food ingredients in snacks. Snacks and baked products can be some of the most nutrient-poor foods because they consist primarily of starches and are stripped of original nutrients found in whole grains.
This webinar will cover the benefits of sorghum as a healthy complement to conventional, whole and ancient grains, and demonstrate how sorghum can increase fiber, protein, micronutrients and antioxidants in baked goods and snacks that consumers are demanding.
- Identify and apply major health and wellness benefits consumers look for in products including no artificial ingredients, added fiber and other qualities like non-GMO and gluten-free.
- Discuss the versatile forms and attributes of sorghum from pearled grain, whole grain and white flour, to flaked and more.
- Define the nutritional composition consumers need to stay healthy – Protein, Iron, Vitamin B6, Magnesium and more.
- Evaluate the ease-of-use with various cooking methods and storage options in baked and snack applications without losing taste.
- Recognize sorghum is an American-grown, ancient grain.