- A new and improved “Great Wall of Chocolate” with 167 tubes and more than one million M&M’S in an assortment of milk chocolate, peanut, almond and limited-edition specialty flavors.
- A personalized printer through which guests can create and print personalized messages and select from icons and colors of M&M’S chocolate candies.
- A ‘Mood Analyzer’ that scans guests to unveil their “inner M&M,” turning them into an M&M’S avatar. Guests can save and share their personal M&M’S avatar on social media.
- New mobile payment options via Alipay, WeChat and Apple Pay, allowing a more efficient check-out experience for guests.
- Exclusive products inspired by China, including items across the travel, stationary, homeware, drinkware and digital accessory categories.
To promote the reopening, Mars Wrigley Confectionery International Travel Retail and Mars Retail Group have partnered with travel retailer DFS Group to provide guests traveling from Los Angeles and San Francisco Dec. 4 a special invitation to visit the store Dec. 5. Hostesses posted outside the DFS stores at both airports (LAX TBIT and SFO Terminal A) will hand out pouches of M&M’S to passengers, along with a leaflet about the Shanghai store opening.
In addition, a coupon offering discounts on M&M’S products inside the DFS store provides an additional incentive to drive shop penetration and sales conversion.