Hu will debut its first milk chocolate bars on Aug. 2.
True to Hu’s mission, and like its dark chocolate products, the grass-fed milk chocolate bars are organic, Fairtrade, made with organic unrefined coconut sugar, and feature a strong list of “Hu NO’s”: no refined sugars, no cane sugar, no sugar alcohols, no lecithins/soy, and no palm oil.
“We use organic, grass-fed milk in these bars, and we have a really strong list of ingredient ‘NO’s’ (things we avoid) featured proudly on the packaging," said co-founder Jordan Brown. "Organic, grass-fed dairy is certainly rare in the milk chocolate bar market, and this new line makes us think back fondly to the Hu Kitchen restaurant, where we used milk and butter at our coffee and ‘Liquids Bar.’ We are very excited to have you all join us for this next chapter of Hu Chocolate.”
The goal was to bring the simplicity and quality of Hu’s dark chocolate line to those consumers craving milk chocolate. This new lineup delivers a better-for-you, premium indulgence, and the flavors include both classic solid chocolate bars and nut butter-filled chocolate bars:
- Simple: Smooth, indulgent milk chocolate made with only four simple ingredients
- Hazelnut Butter + Crunchy Hazelnut: Creamy hazelnut butter mixed with crunchy chopped hazelnut pieces
- Cashew Butter: Creamy cashew butter with a hint of sea salt
- Crunchy Almond + Coconut Flakes: Crunchy chopped almonds and coconut flakes
- Almond Butter + Almond Crunch: Creamy almond butter mixed with crunchy chopped almond pieces
Retailing between $5-$6 in-store and online, Hu Organic Grass-Fed Milk Chocolate is available for purchase at hukitchen.com, Sprouts Farmers Markets nationwide, and on Amazon. More grocery retailers such as Whole Foods, Walmart, and Target will carry the bars in the coming weeks.