An old-fashioned candy company is getting a new-school IT system.

Solarsoft Business Systems, a software and IT service provider, has announced the go-live of its enterprise resource planning (ERP) system for food and process manufacturing at New Bloomer Candy, a chocolate manufacturer and distributor in Zanesville, Ohio.

The ERP, called Tropos, is specifically tailored for food manufacturers.

The software delivers full traceability of ingredients from origin to the final customer and manages the complete production process, which includes tools for tracking materials and matching production to demand. Tropos also offers built-in support for shop-floor data collection and supply chain integration.

Tropos has given us the ability to really control how our business is run,” says Michael Montgomery, controller at New Bloomer Candy. “So far we’re using about 40% of Tropos’ capabilities to manage order entry, picking, invoicing, purchase orders and work orders. Tropos has all the bells and whistles that we need, and we look forward to taking advantage of what the other 60% can help us accomplish.”

These bells and whistles are what led New Bloomer Candy to chose to replace its decade-old legacy computer system and ERP with Tropos ERP system, says the company.

New Bloomer Candy, which has been in business since the 1870s, creates gourmet chocolates blended in precise detail from family recipes. All Bloomer chocolates are made the old-fashioned way using only natural ingredients.

For more information about New Bloomer Candy visit For more information about Solarsoft Business Systems visit
- M.K.