Zingerman’s Candy Manufactory will now distribute its products in Canada through a partnership with importer and distributor Coco Doro Corp and its logistics partner, the Cheese Boutique.
Canadian chocolate lovers can now find the Ann Arbor, Michigan-based company’s candy at retailers such as Summerhill Market, the Cheese Boutique, McEwan Grocery, Pick of the Crop and Sunripe.
"We’re thrilled to expand our distribution to Canada and look forward to delighting a new group of candy lovers,” said Steve Mangigian, managing partner of Zingerman's Candy Manufactory. “It’s an honor to have our candy bars and peanut brittle distributed alongside some of the best chocolate makers in the business.”
The Zingerman’s portfolio now available in Canada includes:
- Peanut Butter Crush Zzang! Bar: Peanut brittle bits with crisped rice and creamy peanut butter, wrapped in dark chocolate
- Ca$hew Cow: Freshly roasted cashews and cashew brittle with milk chocolate gianduja enrobed in dark chocolate
- Zzang!: Layers of caramel, peanut butter nougat and butter-roasted peanuts dressed up in dark chocolate
- Wowza: Raspberry chocolate ganache, raspberry nougat and raspberry jellied candies
- What the Fudge: Layers of fudge, caramel and malted milk cream fondant
- Peanut Brittle: Freshly roasted jumbo runner peanuts in deep gold cane sugar brittle
Thanks to its partnership with Coco Doro Corp., Zingerman’s businesses have added some of Coco Doro Corp.’s brands to its curated retail chocolate offerings, including: Akesson’s Organic, Maison Pralus/Carre de Cafe, Chapon, Rococo and XOCO Gourmet chocolate, which recently added Mayan Red, a Honduran-sourced variety, to Zingerman’s collection.
“Zingerman's Candy is a delicious product –– you can really taste the difference in the quality,” said Christine Kevorkian Siopkas, founder of Coco Doro Corp. “It’s very popular when I offer samples at Canadian retailers. I love that the Zzang! bar is full of so many peanuts and the perfect balance of salt. Wowza, Ca$hew Cow and PB Crush are all dangerously addictive and make people's eyes light up at the first taste! I am very grateful for the opportunity to work with the Zingerman’s brand.”
The Zingerman’s Candy Manufactory became a reality in Sept. 2009 when Charlie Frank, founder and head candy maker, followed the Zingerman’s tradition of forming businesses based on personal passions and founded the candy company after leading Zingerman’s pastry department and studying at the Culinary Institute of America.