The Global Omega-3 Summit 2012 is the follow-up of the successful policy summit of 2011, where six consensus statements were signed by all participants. The Omega-3 Summit 2012 will build on these consensus statements and look at three themes:
1. How can optimized levels of Omega-3s be reached and for what specific health and mental health objectives? What are safe levels of use?
2. What is the difference of consuming sc- and lc- Omega-3s? How can all Omega-3s be made beneficial in healthy food and supplement products?
3. How can the supply of lc- Omega-3s such as obtained from fish and fish oil, or other new sources such as algae or vegetable sources be made more sustainable and guarantee sufficient supply as needed to obtain the targets set in the consensus positions?
We welcome all stakeholders of the food, food ingredient and supplement industry, as well as scientists and researchers, and legislators and industry associations to join in the three debates at the Omega-3 Summit 2012.
- Michael A Crawford PhD, Professor, CBiol, FIBiol, FRC Path. Department Imperial College London
- Nigel Baldwin, Director, Scientific and Regulatory Consulting, Europe Intertek Cantox, U.K.
- Michel de Lorgeril MD, Professor, CNRS, France
- Fabien De Meester PhD, DM Frontiers, Belgium
- Adam Ismail, Executive Secretary, GOED Global Organization for EPA and DHA, U.S.A.
- Andrew Jackson PhD, Technical Director, IFFO International Fishmeal and Fish Oil Organisation, U.K.
- Mehar Manku, PhD, Chief Scientist, Amarin Neuroscience, U.K.
- Alexandra Richardson PhD, Professor, Oxford University, U.K.
- Norman Salem Jr. PhD, CSO, DSM Nutritional Lipids, U.S.A.
- René van Hoorn, MSc, Manager R&D, Bioriginal Food & Science Corp, the Netherlands
- Clemens von Schacky, MD, PhD, Professor, Medical University Munich & Omegametrix, Germany
- Robert Wolff, MSc, Process Technology, SINTEF Fisheries and Aquaculture, NorwayOptimized Omega-3 Intake from Sustainable Sources Optimizing Omega-3 Status and Use The Role of Different Omega-3 Fatty Acids Sustainable Omega-3 Supply