Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Savory Snacks Sector
November 2019, 133 pages
Asia-Pacific held a 39.3% value share and 41.7% volume share in the global savory snacks sector in 2018. The Asia-Pacific savory snacks sector was valued at US$52,559.4 million in 2018 and is forecast to reach US$73,981.4 million by 2023, registering a value CAGR of 7.1% during 2018-2023. An improving employment rate and rising income levels are fuelling the growth for savory snacks in the Asia-Pacific region. Nuts & seeds is the largest category in the Asia-Pacific, or APAC, region, with value sales of US$12,628.4 million in 2018. The category is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 7.7% to reach US$18,271.8 million by 2023. The Asia-Pacific savory snacks sector is fragmented, with the top five companies - PepsiCo, Calbee, Inc., Want Want China Holdings Limited, Golden Orchard Farmer (Beijing) Food Co., Ltd., and Anhui Three Squirrels Electronic Commerce Co- accounting for a 19.8% share in 2018. The health & wellness market in the Asia-Pacific savory snacks sector was valued at US$1,475.3 million in 2018, accounting for 2.9% of overall values sales in the region that year. In Asia-Pacific, hypermarkets & supermarkets led sales with a 44.9% market share, ahead of convenience stores with 28.8%.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of Asia-Pacific savory snacks sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top companies, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific savory snacks sector, sector analyzing data from 19 countries in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Market overview: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by category.
- Change in consumption: Indicates the shift in the share of savory snacks by category across high-potential countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- High-potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of four countries in Asia-Pacific based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the health & wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall savory snacks sector during 2013-2023. The analysis includes key health & wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of savory snacks in 2018. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering savory snacks with health & wellness attributes in the same year.
- Competitive Analysis: Provides an overview of leading companies in the Asia-Pacific region, besides analyzing the growth of private label in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the Asia-Pacific savory snacks sector in 2013. It covers six distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drink specialists, e-retailers, department stores, and others which includes “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, vending machines, drug stores & pharmacies, and others.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various pack material, pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of savory snacks.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis, that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances.
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion.
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (Regional Analysis)
Market Size Analysis - Asia-Pacific compared to other regions
Growth analysis by Region
Growth Analysis by Country
Growth Analysis by Category
3. Identifying high-potential countries in Asia-Pacific
Identifying high-potential countries - methodology
Identifying high-potential countries - risk, reward, and opportunity analysis
4. Market size and growth analysis
Overview - Value and volume growth analysis by country
Growth contribution analysis by country
Share of Savory Snacks compared to other food sectors
Change in consumption levels by country and Savory Snacks sector
Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country Profiles
6. Success Stories
Savory Snacks in Asia-Pacific: case studies
7. Company and Brand Analysis
Leading Company Share Analysis in the Asia-Pacific Savory Snacks Sector
Company and brand share analysis
Top companies in the Asia-Pacific Savory Snacks Sector
Top brands (including private label) in the Asia-Pacific Savory Snacks Sector
Private label penetration in the Savory Snacks sector
8. Health & Wellness Analysis
Health & Wellness analysis - Overview
Health & Wellness analysis - Growth contribution by country
Health & Wellness analysis - Key product attributes and consumer benefits
Leading Health & Wellness companies by category
9. Key Distribution Channels
Leading distribution channels by country
Leading distribution channels by category
10. Key Packaging Formats
Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
11. Challenges and Future Outlook
14. About GlobalData