Opportunities in the Americas Savory Snacks Sector
November 2019, 134 pages
Americas was the second largest region with a value share of 36.8% in the global savory snacks sector in 2018, and is forecast to record a CAGR of 3.9% during 2018-2023. Rising disposable income and increasing demand for convenient and portable food options is spurring the demand for savory snacks in the region. Processed snacks was the largest category accounting for US$20,279.1 (41.2% of the overall savory snacks sector) in 2018 and is expected to reach US$25,227.3 million in 2023. The top five companies in the Americas savory & snacks market accounted for a combined 53.8% value share in 2018. Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the largest distribution channel in the Americas savory snacks sector, accounting for 56.5% of overall value sales in 2018. In the Americas region, savory snacks with health & wellness attributes accounted for 26.8% of the overall value sales in 2018, higher than the global share of 14% in the same year. Flexible packaging was the most commonly used pack material in the Americas savory snacks sector with a 95.3% market share in 2018.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of Americas savory snacks sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top companies, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Americas savory snacks sector, analyzing data from fifteen countries in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by category.
- Change in consumption: Indicates changing share of value consumption in the various savory snacks by category across high-potential countries in the Americas region.
- High-potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of nine countries across the Americas region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall savory snacks sector during 2013-2023. The analysis includes key Health & Wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of savory snacks in 2018. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering savory snacks with health and wellness attributes in the same year.
- Competitive Analysis: Provides an overview of leading companies in the Americas region, besides analyzing the growth of private label in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the Americas savory snacks sector in 2018. It covers six distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, e-retailers, “Dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, and others which includes cash & carries and warehouse clubs, vending machines, and other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various pack materials pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of savory snacks .
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis, that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances.
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion.
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (Regional analysis)
Market Size Analysis - Americas compared to other regions
Americas - analysis by region
Growth analysis by region
Growth analysis by country
Growth analysis by category
3. Identifying high-potential countries in the Americas
Identifying high-potential countries - methodology
Identifying high-potential countries - risk, reward, and opportunity analysis
4. Market size and growth analysis (high-potential countries in the Americas)
Overview - Value and volume growth analysis by country
Growth contribution analysis by country
Share of savory snacks compared to other food sectors
Change in consumption levels by country and savory snacks categories
Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country Profiles
6. Success Stories
Savory snacks in the Americas: case studies
7. Company and Brand Analysis
Leading companies share in the Americas savory snacks sector
Company and Brand share analysis in the savory snacks sector
Leading companies in the Americas savory snacks sector
Leading brands in the Americas savory snacks sector
Private label penetration in the savory snacks categories
8. Health & wellness analysis
Health & wellness analysis - overview
Health & wellness analysis - growth contribution by country
Health & wellness analysis - key product attributes and consumer benefits
Leading health & wellness companies share by category
9. Key Distribution Channels
Leading Distribution channels by countries
Leading Distribution channels by categories
10. Key Packaging Formats
Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
11. Challenges and Future Outlook