Brother Gearmotors partners with Dart Controls to offer Brushless DC drives
Brother Gearmotors has partnered with Dart Controls, Inc. of Zionsville, IN. The agreement allows Brother Gearmotors to offer Dart’s premium selection of Brushless DC drives as add-ons to Brother’s extensive portfolio of gearmotors.
A Brushless DC drive is a type of adjustable-speed drive required by electrically commutated motors (ECMs), such as brushless DC, to control motor speed and torque. Providing benefits such as precise speed regulation, quiet operation, two-quadrant direction control, braking, high duty cycle reliability and reduced energy consumption, Brushless DC drives are suitable for gearmotors powering machinery in a wide array of sectors—including critical application medical equipment, material handling including automated guided vehicle (AGV) applications, packing, food processing and other industrial applications.
A key benefit of Brushless DC drives is reduced maintenance: Because motor commutation is accomplished in the drive, Brushless DC motors can expect many years of reliable operation without requiring preventative maintenance. Other benefits of the Brushless DC drives now offered through Brother Gearmotors include:
- Compact size
- Quick and easy setup; no programming
- Very competitively priced
- 2Q direction control and drive output Inhibit
- Torque Limiting settings to protect mechanical components
- Inherent high starting torque for hard-to-start loads
- Optional Modbus RTU serial interface / speed profiling
- Extended equipment life, reduced maintenance needs