Company: Brother Gearmotors
Equipment Snapshot: Brother Gearmotors, a division of Brother International Corporation that offers a wide range of ultra-reliable, sub-fractional AC gearmotors and reducers for the food & beverage, packaging and material handling industries, has introduced a line of Brushless DC electric gearmotors (BLDC). Also, known as Electronically Commutated Motors, Brother’s portfolio of brushless DC gearmotors are ideal for environments requiring virtually maintenance-free operation and accurate speed control as well as operation over a wide speed range. They are also desirable for settings where brush dust contamination is to be avoided or brush contact arcing could affect electronically sensitive equipment.
Brushless DC gearmotors from Brother Gearmotors are cost-effective, compact and long lasting, and offer several advantages over brushed DC motors, including:
- Virtually maintenance-free; lubricated and sealed for life
- Extremely configurable; several shaft configurations and custom options available
- High efficiency, further enhanced with quiet helical and hypoid gearing
- Very safe 12-48VDC motors with a wide speed control range
The new brushless motors are designed to work with an OEM’s own design drive or standard brushless drives from Brother with features such as adjustable acceleration, deceleration, open or closed loop operation, current limiting and other performance and safety features.
Brother Gearmotors is one of the world’s largest fine-pitch gear manufacturers and meets industry demand for smaller, lighter, reliable and energy-efficient power transmission and motion control components. Key attributes of gearmotors from Brother include:
- Light, reliable and compact in size
- Wide power range, with 50, 100, 200 and 400 Watt versions available
- Sealed for life with standard high-grade grease for lifetime lubrication and reduced maintenance/downtime
- High-quality, durable, e-coat finish to withstand the toughest environments
- Significantly more efficient than worm gearboxes as a result of unique hardened hypoid gear geometry and processing
“Brother Gearmotors is pleased to add this set of high-efficiency brushless gearmotors to our product offerings,” said Matthew Roberson, vice president of Brother Gearmotors. “At Brother, we strive to provide our customers with the full array of gearmotors they need to remain both competitive and cost-effective.”