Company: Blake's Seed Based
Introduced: December 2018
Suggested Retail Price: $2.29 (snack bars), $2.79 (protein bars)
Product Snapshot: Blake’s Seed Based, the seed-based, Top 8 allergen-free snacks company, is celebrating its official brand launch by introducing two product lines: Blake’s Seed Based snack bars and Blake’s Seed Based protein bars. The snack bars, available in Chocolate Chip, Raspberry, and Pineapple, feature pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds. The protein bars, arriving in Mango-Lemon and Chocolate-Mint, feature a mix of seeds and pea protein, providing 15 grams of plant-based protein per bar.
Founded by former collegiate athlete Blake Sorensen, Blake’s Seed Based proves that having a food allergy doesn’t mean a lifetime of boring, tasteless snacks. “Growing up with a deathly nut allergy, I’ve experienced how incredibly stressful food allergies can be and was frustrated with the lack of snacking options, so I started to create my own,” said Blake Sorensen, founder of Blake’s Seed Based. “Beyond being allergy-friendly, my favorite benefits of Blake’s Seed Based snacks are that they can be enjoyed by everyone, allergies or not, because they’re healthy and taste great - which sets them apart from other allergy-friendly snacks on the market today.”
Blake’s Seed Based brings its mission full circle with its Bar for a Box promise: for every box sold, Blake’s Seed Based donates a bar to schools’ meal programs. Today, 1 in 13 kids have food allergies and with a goal of donating one million bars, starting in the Chicagoland area, Blake’s Seed Based aims to provide students with safe, healthy, and great-tasting snack options that help optimize kids’ eating experiences at school. For Blake, eating safe foods at school was a challenge, so he’s made it his mission to provide an easily accessible, safe snacking solution to kids, parents, and school staff.
Blake’s Seed Based is excited to reveal two new product lines, which are each Top 8 allergen-free, nutritious, and delicious:
- Blake’s Seed Based snack bars are Top 8 allergen-free, and available in three flavors, each featuring pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds:
- Chocolate Chip: Made with real cacao; provides 6g protein, 5g fiber
- Raspberry: Made with real raspberry; provides 4g protein, 5g fiber
- Pineapple: Made with real pineapple; provides 4g protein, 4g fiber
- Each flavor is available for purchase in a 12-ct box for $26.99/box
- Snack bars are also sold in a 12-ct variety pack that features a selection of six Chocolate Chip, three Raspberry, and three Pineapple bars for $26.99/box
- Blake’s Seed Based protein bars are Top 8 allergen-free and available in two flavors, each featuring seeds and pea protein, providing 15 grams of plant-based protein per bar:
Today, there are over 15 million people living with food allergies, with 90 percent affected by just eight foods (tree nuts, peanuts, milk, eggs, soy, fish, shellfish, and wheat). Blake’s Seed Based snacks harness the power of seed-based nutrition, using high-quality ingredients that are sourced, developed, produced, and packaged in an allergen-free environment. In addition to being Top 8 allergen-free, all of Blake’s Seed Based products are plant-based, vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free. Seeds are powerful superfoods that are packed with nutrients, minerals, and antioxidants, and benefit people in nearly every aspect of their lives.
Watch for more new product news in the coming months from Blake’s Seed Based. For more information about Blake’s Seed Based and to purchase, visit BlakesSeedBased.com.