Bakeries celebrating National Honey Month
The National Honey Board is partnering with 11 of the best bakeries in the United States to promote the value of honey and the importance of honey bees during National Honey Month in September.
Each participating bakery will be featuring made with honey bakery foods in September and a sticky station in their bakery, giving customers the ability to top their bakery foods or beverages with three varietals of honey, each with a unique flavor and color. The bakeries also will be distributing educational materials promoting the importance of honey bee health and detailing the role honey bees play in the pollination of some of our favorite nuts, fruits and vegetables.
Participating bakeries include:
- Born & Bread Bakehouse, Lakeland, Florida
- Gracious Bakery, New Orleans
- Floriole Café and Bakery, Chicago
- Back in the Day Bakery, Savannah, Georgia
- Baker Miller, Chicago
- Companion Bakery, St. Louis
- Good Cakes & Bakes, Detroit
- La Baguette Magique, West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Little Tart Bakeshop, Atlanta
- Essen Bakery, Philadelphia
- Nathaniel Reid Bakery, St. Louis
“The National Honey Board is proud to partner with these bakeries for National Honey Month in September. We’ve worked with them in the past and know firsthand how they can create exceptional bakery foods using honey either as a flavor, sweetener or as part of a glaze,” Catherine Barry, National Honey Board’s director of marketing, says. “This National Honey Month, we can’t wait to see the made with honey products they create to celebrate this all-natural sweetener and honey bees.”