The season of all things pumpkin spice has arrived, and with it, brings many new seasonal products to stores. Companies like Tastykake, Kellogg's, and more are mindful of this seasonal trend, and stores like Trader Joe's have released a plethora of pumpkin-flavored products, too.
Nonni's Biscotti released two new limited edition treats this year, Milk Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti and Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Biscotti. Both retail for $3.29 per box, and are made with real eggs, butter and gourmet bittersweet chocolate. The biscotti were inspired by trending and in-demand flavor combinations such as chocolate hazelnut spreads, pumpkin spice, and dark chocolate. The new flavors join returning Nonni flavors Pumpkin Spice Biscotti and Gingerbread Biscotti.
Tastykakes introduced three new fall flavor-themed products:
- Kandy Kakes, which retail for $4.49 (8 oz. box) and $1.79 (2 oz. three-count single serve package). Kandy Kakes are not new, but Tastykakes has provided flavor twists to welcome autumn: its Salted Caramel Kandy Kakes and Karrot Kake Kandy Kakes. The Salted Caramel cakes feature a chocolate-coated cake with salted caramel filling, and the Karrot Kakes include a white-coated carrot cake with a creme filling.
- Pumpkin spice and caramel apple mini donuts. These donuts sell for $2.99 nationwide, and feature a pumpkin spice mini donut covered in cinnamon. The caramel apple mini donuts consist of apple-flavored donuts with a caramel crumble coating.
- Apple cinnamon sweet rolls, priced at $2.99, were introduced in August. They're available in 14.4 oz. boxes (with six rolls per box) and include an apple cinnamon filling.
Dessert for breakfast
Dunkin' Donuts added two new products: the REESE'S Peanut Butter Square and the Caramel Apple Croissant Donut. The REESE'S square retails for $1.49, and the croissant donut for $2.49. The REESE'S square is filled with REESE'S peanut butter buttercreme, topped with chocolate icing and finishing with an orange icing drizzle, to match the colors of the traditional REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups. The Caramel Apple Croissant Donut's base is a glazed croissant donut with apple filling, finished with a caramel icing drizzle.
Kellogg's introduced fall flavors for its Pop-Tarts and Nutri-Grain lines:
- Nutri-Grain pumpkin spice breakfast bars have a SRP of $3.49, and are made with real pumpkin and whole grains. The bars are flavored with nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice and ginger.
- Frosted Caramel Apple Pop-Tarts are retailing for $3.29, and were introduced this past July. The toaster pastries have a flaky crust with apple and caramel-flavored filling, and are frosted wtih caramel-flavored icing and a green apple-flavored swirl.
Everything pumpkin-flavored at Trader Joe's
Trader Joe's recently highlighted all of its pumpkin-flavored items in its Fearless Flyer, and many of them included snacks such as rolls, cookies, and granola bark.
- Pumpkin Rolls with Pumpkin Spice Icing are back, made by the same supplier as the store's cinnamon rolls. The dough is similar to the original cinnamon rolls, and then real pumpkin and spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove are added to the mix. The rolls retail for $3.99 for a 17.5 ounce package.
- Petite Pumpkin Spice Cookies retail for $2.99 per 10 ounce box, and are shortbread cookies shaped like pumpkins, coated with white or orange icing (varies). The white icing has a yogurt base, and the orange icing tastes like pumpkin spice. Both variations are topped with nonpareils.
- Organic Pumpkin Spice Granola Bark hails from Vermont, from a supplier who makes homemade-style bark with fresh ingredients. The granola in the bark is made with oats, almonds, quinoa, cornflakes, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin puree, Vermont maple syrup, coconut oil, and pumpkin spices. It's topped with dark chocolate (66% cacao) and then finished with maple sea salt-seasoned pumpkin seeds. Each eight ounce package sells for $3.99.
Any new snack or bakery products that you've noticed recently? If so, click here.