The ICC Handbook of Cereals, Flour, Dough & Product Testing, Second Edition
• Critical test methods and equipment for all grain-based food products — breads, cookies, cakes, pastries, breakfast cereals, noodles, pet foods and more
• Updated industry-standard resource for cereal, flour and dough testing
• Adds online testing, advanced data analysis, and many new tests for low-salt dough, baking powder, specialized flours and more
• Covers certification analysis for organic, ancient grains, GMOs, gluten-free
• Tests for wheat, corn, oats, rice, millet, rye, sorghum, spelt
• Produced with the International Association for Cereal Science and Technology (ICC)
This is an enlarged and updated version of a reference that explains virtually all important test methods regarding grain-based foods, from in-field, post-harvest through mill intake to processed products, including breads, cookies, cakes, crackers, noodles and more. The enlarged book adds information for handling larger data sets, improving data reliability, and integrating online testing methods with off- and in-line techniques. More specifically, this edition adds and explains tests for specialized flours, self-rising doughs, baking powders and grains. New material is provided on breadmaking and noodle testing, including Ramen. Throughout, an emphasis is placed on practical connections between testing, quality control and superior end-product properties. In addition, the book explains testing equipment, including specific devices and their applications.