Hardy Process Solutions celebrates its centennial year
Hardy Process Solutions was founded in 1918 as Hardy Scale Co. Since then, Hardy has established itself as a leading innovator of virtually every type of weighing instrument, load cell and scale imaginable. Hardy manufactures Made in the USA products at its ISO 9001:2008 plant in San Diego.
In 1984 Hardy Scales was purchased by Dynamic Instruments, Inc. and changed its name to Hardy Instruments, Inc., and in 2011 changed to Hardy Process Solutions, as a reflection of a redefined business focus. In 2007 Hardy was acquired by Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP). Roper is a diversified technology company, providing engineered products and solutions for global niche markets, including software information networks, medical, water, energy, and transportation.
A History of Innovation
Since 1984, Hardy has developed a full product line of weighing solutions for industrial process & packaging. Hardy has continually focused the company's design efforts on solving the most difficult challenges in process control, packaging and industrial weighing. Some examples include
- Eliminating the effects of vibration on scale readings with WAVERSAVER
- Developing proprietary C2 electronic calibration, which eliminated the need for heavy test weights when calibrating load cells and scales
- Allowing system diagnostics and troubleshooting directly from the weighing instrument using Hardy’s INTEGRATED TECHNICIAN
- Developing add-on-profiles (AOPs) and Faceplates for Premier Integration with Rockwell Automation PLCs/PACs, a first in the weighing industry
- Designing a revolutionary multi-scale system that separates communications and weight processing, enabling up to 28 weight processors to communicate through one Gateway module via a single Ethernet connection
- Offering in-motion checkweighing with open source programmability, off-the-shelf Rockwell components, and ease of integration into Rockwell Automation’s The Connected Enterprise for the Dynamic Checkweigher series
“Hardy recently redefined how Checkweighing machinery is built, integrated used and maintained.” said Timothy Norman, product development manager for Hardy Process Solutions. “Built on an open source Rockwell Automation software platform running Studio5000 and FactoryTalk View, the new Hardy Dynamics Checkweigher makes it easy to modify the machine program to accommodate current manufacturing and data requirements, yet flexible enough to meet future needs. It’s just the latest example of using Hardy’s philosophy of using innovation to provide customer value. ”