According to a recent IBISWorld report, revenue for snack food manufacturers in the United States has grown an estimated 3.4% annually over the last five years—with today’s revenue totaling $33.1 billion. To help baking and snack brands satisfy their growing market, PACK EXPO International 2014 (Nov. 2-5 at McCormick Place in Chicago), North America’s largest resource for processing and packaging technologies this year, will provide access to thousands of technologies.
The show, which is owned and produced by Reston, Va.-based PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, will connect baking and snack professionals with solutions from more than 1,800 exhibitors. On site, innovative materials and containers to improve product freshness and meet sustainability goals will be on display, as will equipment and robotics and everything in between to increase efficiency and productivity, and solve other operational challenges.
With its customer-centric approach, PACK EXPO International 2014 will offer several guide posts along the show floor to help baking and snack manufacturers make the most of their time at the show:
• The Biscuit and Cracker Manufacturers’ Association (B&CMA) has endorsed The Baking-Snack Break lounge (Booth N-4565), a dedicated networking hub on the Grand Concourse in front of the North Hall. Attendees can stop here to meet with suppliers, network with peers and ask B&CMA experts for technical advice.
• The Processing Zone, in Upper Lakeside, will provide solutions for baking and snack manufacturers seeking a unified approach to their processing and packaging operations.
• The Brand Zone, located in the Upper North Hall, will feature innovative material, container and package design solutions to help baking and snack brands enhance shelf appeal and maintain product freshness.
• In the South Hall, The Food Safety Summit Resource Center, sponsored by the Food Safety Summit, will provide an open forum for baking and snack professionals to speak with subject matter experts (SMEs) about compliance with established and pending regulations stemming from the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
• The Innovation Stage will present free, daily, on-floor education sessions on the Grand Concourse, also near the North Hall. (Presentation topics and times will be announced in the weeks leading up to the show.)
“Today’s baking and snack manufacturers have many opportunities as consumer demand in this segment continues to grow,” says Charles D. Yuska, president and CEO. “PACK EXPO will equip baking and snack brands with the tools and insights they need to successfully meet that demand and gain a competitive edge.”
To register for PACK EXPO International 2014, visit www.packexpointernational.com. A discounted registration fee of $30 applies through Oct. 3 and increases to $60 thereafter.