TIA Convention moves to Paris
The Tortilla Industry Association (TIA) will hold its Annual Convention & Trade Exposition in Las Vegas again next month, May 5–6, but at a new venue—the luxurious Paris Las Vegas Hotel and Casino.
Recognized as the most-important event for anyone involved in the tortilla industry, the two-day event will include an exhibition featuring the latest technology, services, equipment, components, ingredients, packaging and systems for manufacturing tortillas, other flatbreads and tortilla chips. The exhibition will be open from noon to 5 p.m. on May 5, and from noon to 4 p.m. on May 6.
Educational sessions—staples of the annual gathering—will take place on May 5 from 8:30 to 10 a.m. and from 11 a.m. to noon, and on May 6 from 8:30 a.m. to noon. The educational sessions will cover the following topics:
- When Can Batch Packs Improve Efficiency?
- Commodities Session One: Corn Pricing Forecast
- Commodities Session Two: Wheat and Oil Pricing Forecast
- Considerations in DSD: Employee versus Independent Distribution
- Success Factors in Launching Kosher, Organic and Gluten-free Products
- The Role and Uses of Enzymes in Tortilla Production
- Latest Changes in FDA Nutritional Labeling Requirements
- How to Really Know Your Production Costs (spreadsheets provided)
As always, the annual convention and expo will also offer attendees numerous networking opportunities, as well as offer a variety of leisure and entertainment activities. TIA’s annual golf tournament will take place on May 4 from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Desert Pines Golf Club. Following the tournament, attendees can socialize with old friends and new acquaintances at a welcome reception from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Champagne 1 Ballroom in Paris.
On May 6, TIA will hold its annual entertainment banquet from 7 to 9 p.m. in Paris’ Champagne 2 Ballroom (advanced registration required). TIA’s leaders will announce this year’s Hall of Fame recipients and Scholarship Award winner, as well as introduce TIA’s new board of directors. Following the banquet, attendees will be escorted to the Paris Theater to see the hit musical “Jersey Boys: The Story of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons.”
For more details or to register for the event, visit www.tortilla-info.com.