The grain-based foods industry comes to International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE) every three years to find out what’s new, and they haven’t been disappointed yet. From October 8–11 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, you’ll see the innovation, new ideas and fresh solutions you’re looking for—whether on the expo floor, at entertaining and informative demonstrations, or sitting in on expert-led education sessions.
This year is no exception. Expect an enhanced IBIE experience while you take in all the newest technology, the latest applications of automation in robotics, and the most recent advancements in baking equipment, ingredients and supplies.
Start at the new IBIE Idea Lab. This think tank for inspiration, centrally located on the show floor, features presentations on the latest advances in baking on the Innovation Spotlight Stage and an “Ask the Experts” answer bar. Also, be sure to stop by the Fresh Take Talks, presented by the Grain Foods Foundation, for brief, informative presentations from influential thought leaders sharing their perspectives on consumer, nutrition and industry trends.
The expanded Education Program spotlights innovation, too, with more than 90 sessions that focus on the most-relevant issues facing the industry. Targeted tracks include AIB Technical, Retail, Bread Bakers Guild of America, International, Management, Sales & Marketing, Ingredients & Processes, Food Safety & Sanitation and Hands-On Cake & Pastry Decorating.
There’s also a new party in town: On October 8 from 4:30–6:30 pm, the All-American Tailgate kicks off the show with a sports-themed party filled with fun, food, drink, music, interactive games and the day’s matchups.
Even our returning events and features shine the spotlight on what’s new:
- The Innovation Showcase puts baking’s newest advances on display
- The B.E.S.T. in Baking Program, sponsored by Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery, recognizes suppliers that foster energy conservation, healthy living and reduced overall impact on the environment
- The Great American Pie Festival is back, with live entertainment, festival merchandise, free prizes, and new samples from leading pie bakers</li>
- The Global Cold Chain Alliance Pavilion features additional cold storage suppliers that serve this growing trend
- Retail Bakers of America’s 15th Annual Pillsbury Bakers’ Plus Creative Decorating Competition is a prestigious event for the country’s most-creative professional cake decorators
- The PMQ Pizza Village hosts the World Pizza Challenge and the thrilling Midwest Culinary and Acrobatic Trials, where “pizzathletes” compete in freestyle pizza acrobatics
- Held on October 7, RPIA’s Business of Baking for Beginners Workshop gives people who are new to professional baking the opportunity to learn from five Certified Master Bakers in an all-day workshop
- The TIA Technical Conference, taking place on October 7, is a cutting-edge program for the baking industry’s fastest growing market segment
On behalf of the IBIE 2016 Committee and staff, I want to welcome you to “Your World, Your Industry, Your Show.” We sincerely hope you’ll be able to experience all IBIE 2016 has to offer.