Kollmorgen enhances web support for its developer network
Kollmorgen’s KDN (Kollmorgen Developer Network) has improved the usability and enhanced the features of its online developer community. KDN content focuses on AKD series servo drives, PCMM and AKD PDMM controllers, the Kollmorgen Automation Suite (KAS), and Kollmorgen servo and direct drive motors. The site also provides information and support for Kollmorgen legacy products.
“KDN has been a useful tool and friendly community of collaboration solution since we launched it as an experiment three years ago to better serve our customers,” says Mark Duckwitz, technical communications manager. “With the tremendous growth in user activity, we quickly recognized the need to scale KDN to the next level by adding more product support and improving the user experience. The new site provides significant improvements to further help our customers such as: responsive design for viewing on mobile devices, improved knowledge base layout for finding information, updated community for easier collaboration, and support for future kollmorgen.com migration for a centralized location for all Kollmorgen information.”
User benefits of new KDN design:
- View on any device — The new KDN uses responsive design for optimal viewing on desktop, tablet, and mobile platforms.
- Stay up to date — The latest articles and activity within the Knowledge Base have priority display on the Home Page.
- Easier to Use — The Knowledge Base is more intuitive and powerful, making it easier to find information.
- Updated layout — Additional technical support is available and can be filtered by product and region.
- Dedicated product home pages — A customized home for each product provides a centralized location for all technical information, articles, FAQs, downloads and more.
- New Knowledge Base content — Expanded product support for CDDR, DBL/DBK, HMI, ICH, KBM, PCMM, TBM, and VLM.
- Navigation Menu — New menu aids quick navigation between products.
- Organization — Kollmorgen has added 7,837 taxonomy term relationships to make Knowledge Base content more organized and discoverable, including over 750 articles grouped by topic.
- Improved Community — New layout promotes collaboration and makes it easier to ask questions, add comments, and vote.
- Better Downloads — An improved Download selector with keyword search helps narrow your results.