2018 TIA Convention & Expo: Grow your tortilla business in the desert
The 2018 TIA Convention & Expo will take place June 1 and 2 at the JW Marriott in Palm Desert, CA. This is the top industry event exclusively dedicated to the tortilla and tortilla chips industry.
The TIA Convention’s educational program will cover a wide range of timely topics, including:
- “Reshaping The Tortilla Market: Organic, Certified Transitional, and Ancient Grains” Mark Stavro, Ph.D., Bunge
- “Tortilla Chips Production—Tips & Best Practices,” Miguel Chavez, Cyclone Specialty Foods
- Commodities Forecast 2018, Rodney Reece and Ian Bowles, Bunge Commodity Risk Group
- “Modern Methods of Nixtamalization,” Henrique Oliveira, Buhler
- “Tortilla Formulations for non-GMO, Organic, Gluten Free,” Allied Blending
- “Handling FDA’s FSMA Enforcement Inspections,” Jesse Leal, AIB International
- “Protecting Your Business from Product Liability,” Lance Reeve, Director of Risk Management, Nationwide Insurance
- “Labor Market Challenges: Worker Recruiting & Retention,” Francisco Marquez, Don Pancho and Ana Carreño, La Tortilla Factory
- "Role of Environmental Monitoring Programs in Food Safety Plans,” Aaron Pleitner, Ph.D., Food Safety Network Services
The exhibit hall will be open each day from 12:00 to 5:00 pm, showcasing the latest ingredients, equipment, technology and services to help grow your tortilla business.
The event will be preceded by the annual TIA Golf Tournament on Thursday, May 31. The convention officially kicks off that evening with an opening poolside reception at 6:00 pm at the hotel’s Grove Pool & Retreat. On Friday, June 1, the TIA Awards & Entertainment Banquet will start with a pre-banquet reception in the Ballroom Foyer at 6:30 pm, followed by the banquet at 7:00 pm in the hotel’s Springs Salon. The banquet will feature entertainment from noted Mexican-American actor and comedian Paul Rodriguez.
For complete details and to register, visit http://www.tortilla-info.com.