Flatbread baking launches its own industry association
The Tortilla Industry Association (TIA) announced the launch of the International Flatbreads Federation (IFF), a new association focused on the flatbread industry. The announcement was made during IBIE 2019, the tri-annual trade event and gathering of worldwide baking professionals. As a result of increasingly complex consumer dietary and regulatory demands, the flatbread segment has experienced tremendous growth over the past several years. To address manufacturing complexities, industry growth, and support those that produce flatbreads commercially, the International Flatbread Federation will provide the industry with a platform to exchange information, share best practices, expand business networks, and learn the latest in formulation advances and regulatory requirements.
IFF will operate in partnership with the Tortilla Industry Association (TIA), a 30-year-old leading non-profit that successfully represents the fastest growing sector of the baking industry, the tortilla segment of the flatbread industry. TIA has been known for providing the industry with resources, synergies and infrastructure. It will provide the same support for those whose businesses are focused on flatbread manufacturing through the newly formed IFF.
“Flatbread is the most ancient original bread known to humans. Today flatbreads make up the largest total in consumption of bread types worldwide,” said Jim Kabbani, CEO of TIA and IFF. “It’s a big day for this growing industry segment and we could not be more pleased to provide both industry professionals and suppliers the support, business tools, and networking opportunities they need to be successful.”
IFF membership is open to producers of flatbreads as well as machinery or ingredients suppliers. By joining IFF, there is an opportunity to:
- Learn the latest in formulation, regulations, and best production practices
- Become informed about the latest products including machinery and additives
- Identify challenges and create educational agendas taught by experts to help overcome them
- Build valuable business relationships by networking with flatbread bakers around the world
- Enjoy substantial discounts on attending and exhibiting at IFF events
- Get listed and be discovered in IFF’s annual Directory & Buyers Guide
- Exercise leadership and advocacy on IFF’s Advisory Board or one of its committees
- Get the latest in market data and statistics to help you plan and invest
IFF will co-locate with the next TIA Annual Convention & Trade Expo May 1-2 at Harrah’s Southern California Resort & Casino, a few miles from San Diego, CA. During the event, IFF will operate its own independent, expert-led Education and Technical Committee and will host exhibitors and vendors of flatbread-specific products. IFF membership will give reciprocal membership in TIA at no extra cost.