Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods plans new distribution center, expansion of current production facility
Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods Inc., a Milwaukie, Ore.-based stone grinding miller of whole grains, announces a major expansion of its production and distribution facilities, as well as the internal promotions of seven long-time employees.
The company expects to open the new Bob’s Red Mill World Distribution Center in January, two miles from its Milwaukie headquarters. Bob’s Red Mill secured a 125,000-sq.-ft. facility and will move its storage and distribution to the new building. The new distribution center will be able to warehouse 11,000 pallets, and offer easy truck access, with more than 30 loading docks and proximity a freeway and railway connection. It also will free up 70,000 sq. ft. of production and packaging space at the company’s headquarters.
“When we moved into our current world headquarters in 2007, we anticipated the space would meet our needs for 10 to 15 years,” says Bob Moore, founder, president and CEO of Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods. “But we’ve just been going like gangbusters, and already we need this additional space to meet the increasing worldwide customer demand.”
In addition to expanding its production and distribution facilities, Bob’s Red Mill has promoted seven longtime employees, a move intended to put into place the next generation of leadership for the employee-owned company, according to Moore.
Promotions for the following employees were effective on Nov. 1:
- Vice president of operations Dennis Vaughn is now senior vice president of operations and COO.
- Vice president of sales Robert Agnew is promoted to senior vice president of sales.
- Director of information technology Bryan Emerson is vice president of information technology and chief information office.
- Marketing director Matthew Cox assumes the title of vice president of marketing.
- Director of corporate finance Trey Winthrop is now vice president of finance.
- National sales director Phil Guettler is vice president of sales.
- Business development director Jan Chernus is now vice president of international sales.
“These individuals truly represent the best of Bob’s Red Mill,” says Moore. “I talk a lot about the value of our employees and about the culture of Bob’s Red Mill being like a family. Those are not just words--I truly mean it. And it makes me proud to be able to announce these well-deserved promotions today. We are in great hands for the future.”