Company: Carolina Innovative Food Ingredients (CIFI)
Ingredient Snapshot: Carolina Innovative Food Ingredients (CIFI) launched four new ingredient brands and two other new products at this year’s IFT show in
Chicago, defining and adding to its existing line of 100 percent Carolina-made sweet potato ingredients, which can replace artificial sweeteners and other unpopular ingredients in clean label applications.
The new brands are:
• Carolina Original cloudy sweet potato juice: a nutrient-dense, domestically sourced juice that adds flavor, color, and a nutritional boost to baked goods, sauces, and more
• Carolina Clear clarified sweet potato juice: the ideal alternative to high fructose corn syrup and sugar for your health-focused consumer, adding vegetable servings and a health halo
• Carolina Craft dehydrated sweet potato ingredients: sweet potato flour and granules that support gluten-free and non-GMO applications by adding flavor, texture, and nutrients including fiber
• Carolina Sweet clean label sweetener: a vegetable-based, nutritional replacement for high fructose corn syrup and other undesirable sweeteners
These new brands will allow CIFI to better communicate the value of its portfolio of diverse, multifunctional ingredients.
In addition, CIFI will introduce two other purple sweet potato products:
• Purple sweet potato juice concentrate: rich in anthocyanin, this product adds not only an abundance of nutrients but also an all-natural and durable purple hue
• Purple sweet potato granules: adds healthy fiber, nutrients, and anthocyanin to baked goods, snacks, and more