IBIE 2016: The biggest show in bakery
The 2016 International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE)—the largest and most-comprehensive event in the Western Hemisphere for the grain-based food industry—returns to Las Vegas October 8–11, where over 20,000 bakery professionals will gather to network, learn and check out the latest innovations in bakery supplies, ingredients, technology and equipment from more than 900 leading manufacturers and suppliers covering more than 700,000 square feet of exhibit space.
“We’re excited for attendees and exhibitors alike to see what’s new at IBIE with programs that better facilitate networking, hands-on learning and inspiration,” says Michael Cornelis, chairman, IBIE. “IBIE is proud to bring together all segments of the grain-based food industry. We’ve revamped old favorites and added some fresh, exciting features to the mix for 2016 to ensure everyone— whether they’re first-time visitors or have been multiple times—has a truly exceptional experience.”
A host of stimulating new and returning highlights are on hand to create an even more-engaging experience for attendees and exhibitors at IBIE 2016.
The All-American Tailgate serves as the official kick-off for IBIE 2016, taking place on the opening night of the show, October 8, at 4:30 pm. This event provides an opportunity to network with colleagues and suppliers in bakery from around the globe. The All-American Tailgate will be held right on the show floor. Tickets, priced at $45 each, include unlimited drinks, tailgatestyle food, music, interactive games and, of course, sports on big screens.
The B.E.S.T. in Baking Program (Becoming Environmentally Sustainable Together)—sponsored by Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery—returns to IBIE 2016, refreshed and expanded to include recognition for sustainability achievements across the entire supply chain—including equipment and ingredients—and within three classifications of bakeries (retail bakeries, wholesale bakeries below $50 million and wholesale bakeries above $50 million). Stop by the B.E.S.T. in Baking Lounge to review the selections for the best and brightest companies at the forefront of baking industry sustainability today.
New for 2016, IBIE has developed— in conjunction with the Global Cold Chain Alliance (GCCA)—a new pavilion on the show floor dedicated to cold-storage solutions and innovations, presenting warehouse, construction and transportation options. The cold-storage industry has developed technologies and procedures to meet consumer demand for fresh food while making food safety the highest priority in tempering activities and complying with evolving government regulations. For bakers, this equates to greater potential benefits in terms of extending the shelf life of bakery products without a reduction in product quality, nutrition and appearance. IBIE 2016 is your opportunity to meet face-to-face with providers offering cold-storage solutions for businesses of every size.
Other highlights of IBIE 2016 include:
- The Idea LAB, featuring the Innovation Spotlight Theater and an “Ask the Experts” answer bar
- Fresh Take Talks, presented by the Grain Foods Foundation, consisting of forward-thinking presentations lasting 20 minutes each
- The Innovation Showcase, highlighting the industry’s latest advancements, located in the Las Vegas Convention Center grand concourse
- The American Cake Decorating Demo Theater and The ONE Demonstration Theater by Revent, with daily demonstrations by celebrity chefs and big-name cake decorators, located on the show floor
- The Great American Pie Festival, presented by the American Pie Council
- PMQ Pizza Village, with a townhall- style pavilion on the show floor featuring pizza-related exhibitors, competitions, demonstrations and more
- The Retail Bakers of America’s 15th Annual “Pillsbury Bakers’ Plus Creative Decorating Competition,” featuring six teams of top professional cake decorators
- More than 20 new seminars focusing on the top issues facing the industry today, including expanded content for upper management
An expanded education program features the latest techniques and proven strategies for streamlining wholesale operations, improving product quality and increasing profits. Over 90 sessions are available, designed for professionals of all levels and backgrounds.
The education program begins on October 7, the day before the Baking Expo opens, with RPIA’s Business of Baking for Beginners seminar and the Tortilla Industry Association’s two-day Technical and Management Conference, which addresses operation skills, safety regulations, quality control, plant efficiency and best practices for the baking industry’s fastest growing market segment.
Education seminars at IBIE 2016 are organized into nine targeted tracks: AIB Technical, Retail, Bread Bakers Guild of America, International, Management, Sales & Marketing, Ingredients & Processes, Food Safety & Sanitation, and Retail Hands-on (Cake & Pastry Decorating). Sessions are held daily from 8:30 am until noon, as well as in the evening to give attendees plenty of time to explore all the latest innovations showcased on the expo floor.
For complete details or to register, visit www.IBIE2016.com.