PACK EXPO International helps baking and snack brands advance
PACK EXPO International 2016, taking place at McCormick Place in Chicago on Nov. 6–9, will serve as a hub innovation across a wide range of industries. PACK EXPO International is North America’s largest processing and packaging event.
Owned and produced by PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, PACK EXPO International—and the co-located Pharma EXPO—will feature more than 2,500 suppliers exhibiting the latest equipment and materials for an expected 50,000 attendees. The show will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day, but will close at 3:00 p.m. on the final day of the show, November 9. Pharma EXPO is again co-locating with PACK EXPO, and Pharma EXPO has its own full conference program, put on by ISPE.
To help baking and snack brand owners, processors, and manufacturers more easily navigate the 1.15 million net square feet of exhibit space and locate the solutions and suppliers they need, PACK EXPO International includes industry-specific pavilions and features such as The Baking & Snack Break Lounge, located in the Upper North Building, Booth N-456. There, attendees can connect with peers, exchange ideas and gain insight from Ask-an-Expert sessions.
PACK EXPO International also offers multiple opportunities and resources to help snack producers and bakers reach their business goals:
- The Reusable Packaging Pavilion (Upper Lakeside Center), sponsored by the Reusable Packaging Association, will help manufacturers find ways to cut costs, reduce environmental impact and gain supply-chain efficiencies. Attendees will have opportunities to hear directly from organizations that have switched to reusables and talk to exhibitors about ways to reduce waste, protect products, boost the bottom line and more. Whether you are looking to newly invest in reusable packaging or get more out of assets you already own, this pavilion is an excellent place to start.
- The Containers and Materials Pavilion (Upper North Building) will feature a wide range of materials, containers and cutting-edge printing and labeling to create a strong brand position, enhance shelf presence or extend shelf life with new types of glass, plastic, metal and paperboard materials and containers; state-of-the-art labeling and decorating technologies; and re-sealing technologies. Attendees can also gain inspiration from award-winning designs in the 13th Annual Showcase of Packaging Innovations.
- The Processing Zone (Upper Lakeside) is a hub for processing innovation in mixing, vibrating, conveying, filtering, washing and much more. However, attendees won’t just find technologies to enhance processing efficiency, product quality and food safety in the Processing Zone. Many solutions will be on display throughout the entire show floor
- There will be an abundance of free educational opportunities at PACK EXPO International. Seminars on breakthrough technologies and techniques with applications in a wide variety of industries will be featured at three Innovation Stage locations (Upper North Building) throughout PACK EXPO alone. </li>
- PMMI U Education and Workforce Development will also provide high-quality, professional development and training for manufacturing professionals at all levels to complement in-house technical training. PMMI U aims to educate operators on equipment basics and develop internal trainers and service technicians to deliver professional, organized, repeatable training to reduce downtime and improve productivity. For more details, visit www.pmmi.org/education.
- Snack producers and bakers should make a point of visiting the Baking & Snack Break Lounge (Upper North Building, Booth N-456), where attendees will be able to network, exchange ideas, and attend Ask-an-Expert sessions. The lounge is hosted by the Biscuit & Cracker Manufacturers’ Association (B&CMA). Attendees can also check out the Baking & Snack Industry Reception, which will occur from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on November 8 in the Baking & Snack Break Lounge.
For complete details and to register for PACK EXPO International, visit www.packexpointernational.com. Registration is $30 until October 14, 2016 and will increase to $100 thereafter.