Tastepoint by IFF announces the launch of its taste innovation showcase, FirsTaste, happening on Thursday, September 27. Themed “A Fresh Take on Taste”, it is a premium event for current and prospective Tastepoint customers. The event has its roots in the popular Innovation Roadshow, presented by David Michael & Co.
“Our theme this year says it all, ‘A Fresh Take on Taste.’” said Dan Byrne, general manager of Tastepoint by IFF. “We’re honoring the legacy that brought us to this point and building on it with some truly innovative, exciting tastes, technologies and applications that represent equally exciting business opportunities for our customers.”
At the heart of Tastepoint is the corporate culture of “know-how meets no limits”, as well as its commitment to inspiring a drive for tasteworthiness throughout the food and beverage industry. FirsTaste 2018 is all about creating solutions and bringing imagination to life through the use of science, technology and market studies, appreciating what’s relevant now, and uncovering trends that will energize the future. Alongside thought leaders and problem solvers, attendees will nurture their creativity and recharge their innovative edge. Tastepoint emphasizes that while participants will experience a “Fresh Take on Taste,” the event also aims to take their vision beyond the immediate future and short-term business benefits in order to see and be part of the future of taste.
What: Tastepoint by IFF Presents FirsTaste: “A Fresh Take on Taste”
When: Thursday, September 27, 2018
Where: Penn State at the Navy Yard in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Why: Powered by IFF, David Michael and Ottens Flavors—two trusted names in the industry— came together in 2017 to create Tastepoint by IFF. With innovation at the heart of Tastepoint, the opportunity to take the David Michael Innovation Roadshow to the next level was immense. FirsTaste will allow Tastepoint to bring ideas to life and create solutions for today as well as for the future of taste.
Details: With “A Fresh Take on Taste,” Tastepoint by IFF will provide food and beverage industry representatives with multiple opportunities to learn about what the future has in store. The experience begins on the evening of September 26 with a special trend trek event and continues on September 27 with keynote speeches and more. The event culminates with the FirsTaste Showcase where attendees will get a glimpse of some of the tastes and trends that will drive the industry over the next few years. The Showcase includes displays of innovative, unusual and provocative flavors, products and applications which give participants their “first taste” of what the future has in store. A detailed schedule of events and outline of specific opportunities will be released this spring.
“Since the coming together of these great companies, sparks of taste innovations and technologies have been continuously ignited thanks to the combining of our unique and individual insights, experiences, capabilities and resources.” - Dan Byrne, general manager of Tastepoint by IFF.
“This type of powerhouse experience doesn’t come around every season, or even every year. Our teams have been out gathering consumer insights, scouring the landscape and working in the labs to develop truly exquisite taste innovations. Unless you’re at FirsTaste, you simply will not get the insights… the tastes… or the experiences that can elevate your business.” - Eduardo Villagomez, director, business development, marketing & SCI of Tastepoint by IFF.
Philadelphia Trend Trek, September 26, 5:00 p.m.
- Walking tasting tour throughout Philadelphia’s hottest spots.
- Attendees will be treated to one of three neighborhood tours, with delicious selections which include local must-haves, and on-trend favorites.
- More than 20 provocative flavor introductions
- Innovative, trend-driven applications in all four product categories (beverage, sweet, savory, dairy)
- Innovations that run the gamut, from modulation and delivery systems to organics, and “mainstays” such as vanilla
- Technologies powered by IFF
- “Breaking free from the industry mindset to discover your own innovation.” Doug Hall, Founder & CEO, Eureka Ranch and Brain Brew Distillery (Morning Session)
- “R&D strategy, developing innovation and collaboration.” Gregory Yep, EVP, Chief Scientific and Sustainability Officer, IFF (Lunchtime Bite-Size Session)
- “Responsible sourcing and sustainability.” Michael Hershkowitz, Global Director, Product Sustainability, IFF (Lunchtime Bite-Size Session)
- “Peak Flavor Always®.” Marc Oshima, Cofounder and Chief Marketing Officer, AeroFarms (Afternoon Session)
- “Design Thinking for Food: Unlocking Creativity for Innovation.” Lauren Shimek, CEO and Founder, Food, Tech. Design. (Afternoon Session)
FirsTaste is a free, by-invitation-only event for Tastepoint customers and potential customers. Space is limited. Additional information is available at Tastepoint.com/firstaste.