The Grain Foods Foundation (GFF) is pleased to announce the lineup of presenters and topics for its Fresh Take Talks program at the upcoming International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE), taking place September 8-11, 2019 in Las Vegas.
Occurring every three years, IBIE is the largest, most comprehensive baking industry event in the Western Hemisphere. It welcomes professionals from all industry segments to discover the latest trends and innovations in baking, and Fresh Take Talks provide a place for attendees to hear experts’ fresh, fun takes on diverse issues through brief, intimate TED-style breakout sessions.
This year’s lineup features a special presentation by the founders of Georgetown Cupcake, complete with a cupcake tower for attendees to enjoy. The full roster of presenters and topics include:
- Katherine Kallinis Berman and Sophie Kallinis LaMontagne, Georgetown Cupcake – Building and Maintaining a Passion Brand in the Baking Industry
- Dr. Irwin Adam, Future Food Studio – The Future of Food: Where We Are & Where We’re Going
- Janice Bissex, MS, RDN, Jannabis Wellness - CBD: Latest Fad or Here to Stay?
- Markey Culver, The Women’s Bakery – An Invitation to See Bread Differently
- Henry Gordon-Smith, Agritecture Consulting – Vertical Farming: Your Ingredients Are Growing Up
- Vance Crowe, Communications Consultant – Anti-Grain Tribes: Who They Are & How To Reach Them
- Kate Scarlata, RDN, For a Digestive Peace of Mind – WTF: What the FODMAP?
- Samantha Cassetty, MS, RD, Samantha Cassetty Nutrition & Wellness, LLC - Marketing Food & Nutrition: The Journalist Perspective
- Yanni Papanikolaou, Nutrition Impact – A World Without Grains: Why Research Says No
- Lionel and Missy Vatinet, La Farm Bakery – Impacting the Grain Movement “one grain at a time”
- Dr. Glenn A. Gaesser, Arizona State University - Refined Grains, Even Donuts, Aren't the Bad Guy
- Kyle Krause and Denisse Colindres, BENEO – Combining Healthy and Indulgence: How Functional Carbohydrates Make Baked Goods Healthier
- Stephen McCauley, The Ginger Network – The Battle for Consumer Influence – Who is Winning?
- Christine Cochran, Grain Foods Foundation – Going Local: My Community Supported Agriculture Story
“We’re extremely excited about this year’s Fresh Take Talks lineup,” said Erin Ball, director of public relations and science for GFF. “This is our second Fresh Take Talks program at IBIE, and we’re proud to have expanded it in both breadth and diversity of content. GFF is seeking to provide unique access to and insights from some of the industry’s brightest minds through these sessions, and we look forward to the energized conversations that they’re sure to generate beyond the conference buzz.”
In addition to the Fresh Take Talks program, GFF will lead an education session, “The State of the Union: Media Shaping the Bakery Marketplace,” addressing how issues such as fad diets, glyphosate, emerging ingredients, and celebrity influence – and the media’s amplification of them – are impacting the industry.
Fresh Take speakers will be available on-site to the media immediately after their sessions. Please contact Katie Lischick at firstname.lastname@example.org with media inquiries. To learn more about the Fresh Take Talk presenters and see a complete schedule, visit https://www.ibie2019.com/fresh-take-talks/.
For more information about the Foundation’s mission and grain foods’ role in a healthful diet, please visit www.GrainFoodsFoundation.org.