Company: Triangle Package Machinery Company
Equipment Snapshot: Triangle's new vertical form fill seal (vffs) bagger, Model CSB, packs a lot of benefits in a very small space. With a narrow frame width of only 36 inches, the bagger can run bags as wide as 13 inches. To achieve maximum benefits, two Compact Baggers can be installed side by side, sharing the same scale for filling the bags. It also boasts superior sanitation benefits and is designed to be cleaned in place.
Designed with the fresh cut produce market in mind but suitable for a variety of applications, the vertical form fill seal (vffs) bagging machine includes a film cage designed to be as narrow as practical, yet can accommodate the 27.5-inch film roll needed to make 13-inch wide bags. When installed in a twin configuration, two Compact Baggers can fit on one salad line, 35 inches on center, to produce 120+ retail packages of leafy greens per minute! This also provides the flexibility to run varying film structures or film rolls, or to perform routine maintenance on one machine without disrupting production on the second machine. A pivoting HMI enables better accessibility and ease of use for a single operator.
Even in a side-by-side configuration, the bagger’s small footprint is very similar in size to that of typical single tube baggers, allowing for significantly more production within the same footprint without having to add more feeding systems, labor and floor space.
- Run bag sizes from 2.5 – 13″ wide and up to 15″ long in a narrow 36″ machine width;
- Pair two baggers side by side with a single scale for maximum production;
- Pivoting HMI enables better accessibility and ease of use for a single operator;
- Distance from sealing jaws to floor: 32″;
- Run up to 70+ bags/minute, depending on bag length (120+ bags/minute in twin configuration);
- Ethernet communication;
- Rockwell Automation PLC and servo drives;
- Optional Ultrasonic sealing for improved OEE
Sanitation is also a key benefit. To simplify cleaning and maintenance needs, Model CSB is designed to be cleaned in place. Additional sanitation benefits include:
- Solid stainless-steel bar fully welded and electropolished after welding;
- Frame is solid round bar stock;
- Internally-mounted guard doors pivot on the frame, minimizing parts to improve sanitation;
- Pivoting control box offers easy accessibility
- Sanitary, 3-A approved leveling feet;
- Washdown-rated electronics, including IP67 food grade servo motors and sensors.