Roquette wins top honors at 2013 Fi Europe Excellence Awards
Roquette received two awards for its new Microalgae High Lipid Algal Flour at the Fi Europe Excellence Awards on Nov. 19—Most Innovative Food Ingredient and Bakery Innovation of the Year.
“Roquette has demonstrated the vision to see the future, a passion to develop new technology and the guts to invest in a new business area that meets and embraces the future trends of healthy, sustainable and tasty nutrition,” says Peter Wennstrom, chairman of the eight-member judging panel.
Presented at the end of the first day of Food ingredients (Fi) Europe, held Nov. 19-21 at Messe Frankfurt in Frankfurt, Germany, the Fi Europe Excellence Awards recognize excellence and innovation for solutions in food ingredients in seven categories.
The other 2013 awards winners are as follows:
- Confectionery Innovation of the Year—IOI Loders Croklaan for CristalGreen
- Beverage Innovation of the Year—Tate & Lyle for Promitora Soluble Gluco Fibre
- Dairy Innovation of the Year—Chr. Hansen for SaltLite
- Savoury/Meat Innovation of the Year—DSM Food Specialties for MaxiPro HSP
- Snacks/On-The-Go Innovation of the Year—Novozymes A/S for Novozymes Acrylaway HighT
- Sustainability Initiative of the Year—Symrise AG-simply vanilla for Symrise Sustainable Vanilla
Source: PR Newswire