Leading industry experts will present 30-minute free presentations on specific food safety challenges, the latest food safety breakthroughs and potential food safety solutions at The Food Safety Summit Resource Center, held Sept. 28-30 at PACK EXPO Las Vegas. The resource center will be located in the Las Vegas Convention Center (Upper Hall South, S-7632) and will help manufacturers and processors gain insight into how to respond to challenges and safety issues on the job.
“The Food Safety Summit Resource Center allows attendees to discuss and learn about the latest breakthroughs and potential solutions for their food safety challenges,” says Scott Wolters, director, Food Safety Summit. “Increased automation in the modern era and new food safety regulations propose new industry challenges, and it is critical that food manufacturers keep up to date on these topics.”
Participating subject matter experts and their topics are as follows:
- Ted Andrew, director, product marketing, Roka Bioscience, will present “New Approaches for Listeria Environmental Testing.”
- Bill Bremer, principal, Kestrel Management, will present “GFSI Packaging Certification Options for Food Packaging Operations.”
- Robert Bunting, product manager, metal detection, Bunting Magnetics, will discuss “Ensuring Quality Control with Metal Detection.
- Eric Confer, product manager magnetic separation, ERIEZ Manufacturing, will present “Double Teaming Tramp Iron.”
- Mike Dzialo, vice president of sales, Flowcrete Americas, will present “Exploring the Role of the Floor in a HACCP Food Safety Management Plan.”
- Dr. Joe Dunn, Performance Packing of Nevada, will discuss “Liquid to Gas Sterilization of Preformed Packages, Pouches, BIB, and Sealed Containers.”
- George Gasner, global marketing and business development; manager, Americas, IFS Management, will present “Manufacturing and Handling Safe Products Using Harmonized Standards.”
- Ellie Girard, OEM analyst and government agency liaison, Lubriplate Lubricants Co., will present “NSF/H1 Food Machinery Lubricants: Understanding the Basics.”
- Ben Halladay, systems consultant, Rittal Corp., will discuss “IIoT Offers Automated Solutions for Food and Beverage Manufacturers.”
- David McGrath, national water market manager, Ozone International LLC, will discuss “Ozone Applications to Ensure the Quality and Safety of Food―Why Are Seven Out of the Top 10 of the ‘TOP 100’ Food Processors Using Ozone, and How Did They Get There?”
- Katie Moore, global industry manager, manufacturing, GE Intelligent Platforms, will discuss “Quality Assurance Powered by Industrial Internet-Enabled Software and Ensuring Food Safety with Industrial Internet-Enabled Software.”
- Brian Neal, technical manager, FSSC 22000, SAI Global, will discuss “Food Allergens in Packaging.”
- Michael Orcutt, national sales manager, CPG Matthews Marking Systems, will present “Achieving Food Safety Through Traceability.”
- Roger Roeth, COO, Eagle Certification Group, will present “Failures of an Internal Audit System.”
- Rob Rogers Sr., adviser, food safety, Mettler-Toledo, will discuss “Detecting Smaller Contaminants and Reducing False Rejects.”
- Yasmin F. Siddiqi, global packaging relationship leader, DuPont Packaging & Industrial Polymers, will discuss “Optimizing Packaging to Reduce Food Waste.”
- Bill Sutton, market development manager, Kollmorgen, will present “Advanced Hygienic Design for Food Processing Equipment.”
- Deepak Vetal, product marketing manager, Atlas Copco Compressors, will present “Food Safety & Compressed Air: Why ISO2200 Certification.”
- Gary Wills, sales manager, USA & Canada, DNV GL–Business Assurance, will present “The FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)―What Is Your Responsibility?”
- Carol Zweep, manager, packaging and food labeling services, NSF, will discuss “Trends in Packaging.”
The Resource Center is a partnership between PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, producer of the PACK EXPO family of trade shows, and BNP Media, producer of the annual Food Safety Summit, and is sponsored by GE Intelligent Platforms. The Food Safety Summit, a solutions-based conference and expo designed to meet the educational and information needs of the food industry, will be held May 10-12, 2016, at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. For more information, visit www.foodsafetysummit.com.