Otis Spunkmeyer introduces consumer-focused retail line
Otis Spunkmeyer, Los Angeles, today announced its new retail line of 20 conveniently prepackaged sweet snacks that proudly tout “No Funky Stuff,” a promise of better ingredients in its foods. The new consumer-focused retail line features snack cakes, loaf cakes, mini muffins, mini cupcakes and cookies in a variety of classic flavors.
“Otis Spunkmeyer cookies have been a consumer favorite for 35 years, but until recently have only been offered through our food service business,” says Kristina Dermody, president of Otis Spunkmeyer. “We are thrilled to now expand our offerings to grocery chains, and also increase our line to include an array of 20 new treats, so people can indulge in our favorite snacks whenever they want!”
With this new line of sweet treats, the brand has committed to “better-for-you” ingredients that have a home-made taste. All products are made without artificial flavors or colors, high fructose corn syrup or partially hydrogenated oils. Additionally, all snacks are individually wrapped, making them the perfect on-the-go snack option for consumers.
“We respect that shoppers are savvier than ever, which is why we worked to develop a food line that is truly different among the competitive sector and provides a more transparent approach to baked goods,” says Jonathan Davis, senior vice president of innovation at ARYZTA North America, owner of the Otis Spunkmeyer brand. “Our commitment to ‘No Funky Stuff’ ensures that the Otis Spunkmeyer line of sweets is delivering a superior tasting treat that people love and want to indulge in.”
The full Otis Spunkmeyer retail line of foods consists of the following categories:
- Otis Spunkmeyer Mini Loaf Cakes: Moist cakes available in iced lemon and cinnamon crumb. The suggested retail price is $3.49–$4.49.
- Otis Spunkmeyer Crème Cakes: Spongy cake with a sweet vanilla or caramel center. Available in golden crème and chocolate crème with caramel. The suggested retail price is $3.49–$4.49.
- Otis Spunkmeyer Frosted Crème Cakes: Fluffy golden cake filled with sweet cream and a thick layer of vanilla or strawberry icing. Available in golden with strawberry, frosted golden and chocolate frosted with caramel. The suggested retail price is $3.49–$4.49.
Muffins, Mini Muffins and Mini Cupcakes
- Otis Spunkmeyer Muffins: These new muffins are made with real fruit, and are available in blueberry and banana. The suggested retail price is $3.49–$4.49.
- Otis Spunkmeyer Mini Muffins: Mini bite-sized muffins for a lighter splurge come in blueberry, banana and chocolate chip. The suggested retail price is $3.49–$4.69.
- Otis Spunkmeyer Mini Cupcakes: Bite-sized golden or chocolate cupcakes filled with vanilla sweet crème. The suggested retail price is $3.49–$4.49.
Cookies, Super Cookies and Frozen Cookie Dough
- Otis Spunkmeyer Cookies: The original treats are now available in three classic flavors: chocolate chunk, oatmeal raisin and double chocolate. The suggested retail price is $3.49–$4.49.
- Otis Spunkmeyer Super Cookies: A bakeable, 9-inch-wide cookie that comes in its own oven pan for warming. Available flavors are chocolate chip and double chocolate. The suggested retail price is $6.99.
- Otis Spunkmeyer Frozen Cookie Dough: The frozen chocolate chip cookie dough comes in a re-sealable pouch, so consumers can make a fresh cookie in minutes. The suggested retail price is $3.49–$4.49.
Otis Spunkmeyer products are available at grocery stores nationwide and online via Amazon Fresh. The brand is expected to continue growth across most major grocery and club stores throughout 2016. To learn more, visit www.otisspunkmeyer.com or follow the brand on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For an exclusive interview with Kristina Dermody, brand president, Otis Spunkmeyer, see "An exclusive interview with Otis Spunkmeyer on clean-label in retail today."