Company: Isuzu Commercial Truck of America, Inc.
Equipment Snapshot: Isuzu Commercial Truck of America, Inc. announced key specifications of its all-new entry in the Class 6 medium-duty truck segment, the 2018 Isuzu FTR. The company made announcements to their dealers at a series of Isuzu Whistle Stops around the country the last two weeks.
Among the highlights:
- 25,950 pounds GVWR
- The FTR will be available in eight wheelbase lengths ranging from 152 to 248 inches, accommodating bodies from 14 to 30 feet long
- The FTR is a dock height class 6 truck
- The turbocharged Isuzu 5.2-liter 4HK1-TC engine propelling the FTR will generate 215 horsepower and 520 lbs.-ft. of torque
- The engine will be mated to an Allison six-speed automatic transmission with power take-off (PTO) capability
- Dana axles will have capacities of 12,000 pounds up front and 19,000 pounds rear suspension
- Bridgestone or Continental 11R22.5 tires will be fitted to 22.5" × 8.25" steel wheels
The FTR is slated to go into production at a new facility in Charlotte, Michigan in mid-2017.