The American Bakers Association (ABA) has announced that the 2017 Technical Conference – the largest conference for cookie, cracker and baking industry professionals – will be held in San Antonio, Texas, October 22-25, 2017. The renowned Technical Conference, formerly produced by the Biscuit and Cracker Manufacturers’ Association (B&CMA), will be offered as part of the enhanced portfolio of services available to the new, unified membership, following the merger of ABA and B&CMA.
“The purpose of the Technical Conference remains the same that it always has – to educate industry professionals about the most advanced technology and relevant practices with ample opportunities for networking,” said Dave Van Laar, senior advisor to the president & CEO: B&CMA transition & development. “I look forward to its growth and expansion to serve the larger industry over time.”
“The Technical Conference is the premier educational opportunity for cookie and cracker professionals, and ABA is honored to produce a conference of this high caliber,” said ABA president & CEO Robb MacKie. “ABA is very enthusiastic about continuing and enhancing the conference for the full membership and baking industry.”
The Technical Conference will offer industry professionals – from bakers to research and development professionals to suppliers – valuable education and networking including:
- General Session covering the yearly outlook on the State of the Industry
- Hands on Training Workshop
- Breakout sessions focusing on production, technology, management and sustainability issues
- Topics and sessions addressing core technological subject matter and prominent consumer issues that are essential for industry professionals
- Expert panels
- Table Top Exhibit
- New Product Display
- Opportunities to meet fellow leaders and learn from peers to advance professional careers
Registration is open: Register for 2017 Technical Conference today.