2019 ABA Convention preview
The 2019 American Bakers Association (ABA) Convention will take place April 7 to 10 at the Ritz-Carlton Naples Beach Resort in Naples, FL. Hundreds of the baking industry’s leaders will gather to discuss the theme of the “Power of Bakery” with a program that will feature:
- Exclusive research—members-only access to thought-provoking studies on the buying perspectives of shoppers and how bakery fits into Gen Y/Gen Z lifestyles
- Actionable insights—meaningful data and concrete ideas from a lineup of dynamic speakers
- Membership ROI—proprietary information and connections with immediate business results
Sessions presented during the convention will include:
- “Lessons in Leadership” from Carey Lohrenz, the first female F-14 Tomcat Fighter Pilot in the U.S. Navy
- “The Power of Bakery,” featuring Todd Hale, former senior vice president, consumer and shopper insights with Nielsen and Anne-Marie Roerink, principal at 210 Analytics
- “Tapping into the Power of Bakery,” featuring: Rainer Glaubitz, international commercial and food services support, SPAR International, covering retail grocery; Matthew Riddleberger, vice president of supply chain services, Firehouse Subs, covering foodservice; and Howard Popoola, vice president of corporate food technology and regulatory compliance, Kroger, covering blockchain
- “2019 ABA Millennial Trends Study,” presented by Jason Dorsey, president, The Center for Generational Kinetics
Former Speaker of the House of Representatives John Boehner will provide the keynote for the ABA PAC Dinner during the convention. “Speaker Boehner’s participation in this year’s PAC Dinner will give attendees a candid and engaging glimpse into how we can effectively enact positive change in today’s current political environment,” said Robb MacKie, president and CEO, ABA. The ABA PAC Dinner, which will include a town hall, is a ticketed event.
For complete details and to register, visit www.americanbakers.org.