The 2018 American Bakers Association Convention will take place April 14–19 at The Phoenician in Scottsdale, AZ. This year’s theme, “Planting the seeds of growth,” centers on three levels of empowerment:
Innovate. Discover the latest ideas and emerging trends that could innovate the industry.
Cultivate. Lay the groundwork for a brighter future and develop strategies to cultivate a category that enriches lives.
Invigorate. Revitalize how you think about baking and invigorate the growth of an entire industry.
The convention will feature a wide range of industry speakers, including:
- Jonathan Warburton, chairman, Warburtons, presenting “Leading with Purpose and Passion”
- David Doonan, senior partner, A.T. Kearney, presenting “Consumers of the Future”
- Todd Hale, former senior vice president, consumer and shopper insights, Nielsen, presenting “Leveraging the Power of Bakery to Drive Growth”
- Francisco Migoya, head chef, Modernist Cuisine, co-author, “Modernist Bread,” presenting “The Future of Bread”
- Jim Stengel, former global marketing officer, Procter & Gamble, presenting “Unleashing the Innovators: How Mature Companies Find New Life with Startups”
- Special guest Dick Cheney, former vice president of the United States, will speak at two invitation-only events: the PAC VIP Townhall and the American Bakers PAC Dinner, both taking place on Monday.
Multiple receptions during the event will offer opportunities for socializing and networking with the baking industry’s top leadership. These include the NextGenBakery Reception, New Attendees Reception and Millers’ Welcome Reception on Sunday afternoon and evening, and the Cocktail Reception on Monday evening.
Tuesday will feature the annual ABA Convention Golf Tournament at the Camelback Inn Golf Course in the morning, and Tennis Tournament in the afternoon, followed by the Farewell Reception.
For complete details and to register, visit www.americanbakers.org.