2019 Sweets & Snacks Expo preview: Innovations, insights and connections
Sponsored by the National Confectioners Association (NCA), the 2019 Sweets & Snacks Expo will take place at Chicago’s McCormick Place from May 21 to 23. This annual event is the largest show in North America representing the confectionery and snacking industries. It attracts up to 18,000 industry professionals from 90 countries, with more than 850 companies exhibiting. NCA estimates that the event attracts 90 percent of the candy buying market and 75 percent of the snack buying market. The show typically features thousands of new product launches.
Some highlights from the more than 25 educational sessions will include:
- “State of the Industry for Snack: Snacks Rule Center Store,” Sally Lyons-Wyatt, executive vice president and practice leader, IRI Worldwide
- “State of the Industry—e-Commerce: Will Amazon Become the Snack Destination for Online Shoppers?” Mike Black, vice president of marketing, Profitero
- “Top 10 Global Snacks and Sweets Trends for 2019,” Mindy Hermann, senior market analyst, Innova Market Insights
- “Premium Snacks: Generating Profit at High Price Points,” Jared Koerten, packaged food leader, Euromonitor
- “Consumer Insights: The 5 Snack Trends You Need to Know about Right Now,” Marcia Mogolonsky, Director of Insight, Mintel Food and Drink
On May 21 and 22, the Skyline Hall will be open 9:30 am to 5:00 pm, and the West Hall will be open from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Both halls will be open 9:00 am to 2:00 pm on May 23.
The New Product Showcase, located just outside the entrance of the West Hall, will spotlight more than 300 new products, packaging and merchandising concepts. On May 21 at 10:15 am, NCA will announce the winners of its 2019 Most Innovative New Product Awards in Skyline Hall’s Discovery Theater.
Also, on May 22, from 5:00 to 6:00 pm, the event will host a networking reception in McCormick Place’s West Main Concourse.
For complete details and to register, visit www.sweetsandsnacks.com.