Ingredient Snapshot: Kemin Industries showcased an extensive portfolio of new and expanded shelf-life solutions last week at the 2019 Institute of Food Technologists Annual Meeting and Food Expo (IFT19) in New Orleans. There, Kemin experts shared news of the latest solutions that help manufacturers achieve “claim-ability” in their food and beverage products by using consumer-friendly, clean label ingredients.
“We are excited to meet with IFT19 attendees and discuss how our latest clean label ingredient innovations can help food and beverage manufacturers keep products fresher and safer for longer with ingredients consumers know and trust,” said Courtney Schwartz, marketing director, Kemin Food Technologies – Americas. “Our plant-based, clean label solutions, combined with our continuous R&D support, Customer Laboratory Services and advantages such as our in-house tortilla pilot plant can help customers expedite commercialization and stay up to speed and in compliance with regulatory changes. Kemin continues to develop new antioxidant solutions to help manufacturers meet label goals and ensure their success in a demanding marketplace.”
At IFT19, Kemin showcased several new and expanded product lines to help manufacturers keep a range of applications fresher and safer for longer, including:
- An extensive portfolio of shelf-life solutions for corn and flour tortillas, flatbreads and more
Kemin is introducing new and expanded solutions to help manufacturers control microbes, prevent spoilage and control mold growth while creating appealing, high-quality tortillas and flatbreads. Kemin offers a full portfolio of products with cleaner labels and a wide variety of naturally sourced options that support consumer demand for and growth of organic and non-GMO Project-verified varieties. These products are available in liquid and dry variants, including:
- Complete drop-in solutions containing blends of several functional ingredients that each contribute quality characteristics and solve manufacturers’ challenges.
- Enzyme, emulsifier and gum blends with functional minor/micro ingredient solutions for leavening, softening and preservation of tortillas.
- Mold inhibitors in an industry-leading line of liquid and dry solutions, which are propionic acid-based synergistic blends that control microbes to prevent spoilage and mold growth in tortillas. Label-friendly solutions are also available to help meet consumer demand for clean labels.
- Fat and oil solutions for snack food and bakery products
Kemin offers a full range of antioxidant solutions, including GT-FORT, a consumer-friendly line of GRAS (‘Generally Recognized as Safe’ by the United States Food and Drug Administration) plant extracts that assists with oxidation control by significantly delaying lipid oxidation, which lengthens the shelf life of food and maintains brand consistency.
- Color, flavor and antimicrobial solutions for meat and poultry challenges
With a robust portfolio of solutions for both shelf-life extension and food safety options, Kemin is a one-stop shop for meat and poultry manufacturers.
Kemin experts help manufacturers maintain safety and freshness in a variety of food and beverages while supporting desired claims. Kemin also assists with ingredient sourcing, handling, processing and delivery.