New ADM flour mill in Mendota, IL offers efficiency and flexibility for Midwest customers
Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) joined local officials on September 18 to celebrate the opening of its new, state-of-the-art flour mill in Mendota, Illinois. It is the largest flour mill ever built from the ground up in North America.
“Our growth investment to design and build a cutting-edge production facility from the ground up highlights our commitment to growth for our customers, our shareholders and the state of Illinois,” said Kevin Like, president of ADM Milling. “This high-tech mill offers unparalleled advantages, including the most up-to-date monitoring and quality-control equipment; swift and efficient packing and transportation options; and the ability to mill a wide array of wheat varieties to ensure we are meeting the needs of all of our customers across the Midwest.”
The new, 30,000 cwts mill can mill spring, winter and soft wheat varieties plus two types of whole wheat. The mill features:
- A loop track with 110-car shuttle rail unloading capacity.
- Three milling units with centralized monitoring to ensure performance, consistency and security of supply.
- Three bulk truck load-outs and rail load-out capability.
- A high speed packer and 30,000-square-foot warehouse.
- A brand new lab with the most up-to-date quality-control equipment.
- An onsite transportation company, including a truck wash and an advanced truck facility utilizing RFID technology to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
“ADM has a long history of leading-edge innovation,” said Chris Cuddy, ADM senior vice president and president, Carbohydrate Solutions. “We are committed to setting the standard for technological innovation in our industry, from our unparalleled food and beverage ingredient portfolio, to our array of probiotics and other health-supporting ingredient offerings, to our growth investments in efficient, sustainable production facilities like the one in Mendota.”