BakingTech 2015 call for papers
The American Society of Baking (ASB) is encouraging members to “engage the future” to ensure that the baking industry’s people, products and operations are ready for future trends, challenges and expectations. To that end, the organization is inviting members to submit papers for presentation at BakingTech 2015, to be held March 1-3 in Chicago.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Sustaining the Future: The latest technologies or practices advancing sustainability goals, the role employees are playing and consumer expectations.
• Employing the Future: Insight or best practice information on the latest performance management, talent development, mentoring or continuing education programs. How can the industry prepare its workforce for the future?
• Products of the Future: The latest ingredient solutions or new products being developed to meet consumer demands. What products will gain shelf space in the future (organic, all-natural, gluten-free, etc.) and how can they be developed and marketed? What opportunities and considerations are there for international distribution?
• Manufacturing of the Future: Equipment or process innovations that are helping bakers reach their goals of reduced down time, improved product consistency and decreased operational costs.
• Management of the Future: Software or technology solutions available to help bakeries achieve better communications, reporting or overall operations efficiency. How do bakeries develop a disaster plan that is effective from the production floor to fleet management?
ASB members can learn more and submit a paper at www.asbe.org/bakingtech/bakingtech-2015/bakingtech-2015-call-for-papers. The submission deadline is May 8.