CVS Pharmacy launches Snack and Vote campaign
CVS Pharmacy announced the launch of a new Snack and Vote campaign, giving customers across the country a chance to make their voices heard and help select a new, permanent addition to the assortment of popular cashew flavors offered by the company’s exclusive Gold Emblem food and snack brand. Customers can try each of the three limited edition Gold Emblem cashew flavors in all stores nationwide, Thai-Style Spice, Coconut and Dill Pickle, and vote online for their favorite through February 13th. The flavor that receives the most votes will permanently join the Gold Emblem line, exclusively available at all CVS Pharmacy locations.
This initiative is the latest in a series of changes CVS Pharmacy has made to provide hundreds of new snack and grocery options to consumers nationally, to improve access to tasty better-for-you options that are good sources of protein, and meet other dietary and lifestyle criteria. With nuts among one of the most popular snack items for CVS Pharmacy shoppers, these new choices arrive just in time for fall and winter, when many are hosting holiday parties or get-togethers for football season and other sporting events, and are looking to serve nutritious snacks to their guests.
Limited edition seasoned cashew flavors in the running for Snack and Vote include:
- Gold Emblem Thai-Style Spice Cashews – seasoned with exotic flavors, creating a spicy-yet-sweet crunch that’s bound to be a crowd-pleaser
- Gold Emblem Dill Pickle Cashews – covered with tangy, zesty dill seasoning, creating a perfect pickle flavor that’s surprising and sure to satisfy
- Gold Emblem Coconut Cashews – coated with distinctively delicious coconut flakes that are certain to satiate the cravings of anyone with a sweet tooth
Customers are encouraged to choose their favorite and cast their votes at CVS.com/GEvote (no purchase necessary for voting). They can also join the conversation on social media, using the hashtag #CVSSnackandVote, to share their top choice and rally others to snack and vote! Participating customers will receive a coupon for $1 off their next $5 or more purchase of any Gold Emblem or Gold Emblem abound item via Coupons.com upon voting. Coupons are redeemable for one month after voting ends (thru March 15th) in store and online.
CVS Pharmacy continues to expand the assortment of better-for-you foods following an announcement in June, 2016 to bring hundreds of fresh, refrigerated and non-perishable healthy foods to more than 3,400 stores nationwide. This initiative is a critical step as the company continues to evolve into a premier health destination, making better health easy for millions of customers. Other initiatives include:
- Moving healthy foods towards the front of stores
- Dedicating roughly 25 percent of front checkout space–traditionally occupied by candy–to better-for-you snacks
- Introducing healthy eating trend zones that showcase carefully curated selections of paleo, raw and vegan snacks at key periods throughout the year.