Company: Nielsen-Massey Vanillas
Ingredient Snapshot: Nielsen-Massey Vanillas has announced it will introduce No Sugar Added versions of its Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract and Pure Vanilla Extract. These extracts will be available in 2-, 4-, 32-ounce and gallon bottles. Nielsen-Massey will also showcase four new organic pure flavor products. The new products include Organic Peppermint Extract, Organic Almond Extract, Organic Lemon Extract and Organic Orange Extract. Each flavor will be available in 2-, 4-, 18-ounce and gallon bottles.
For more than 110 years, Nielsen-Massey Vanillas has been a leading purveyor of high-quality pure and natural vanillas and flavors. With more than a century’s worth of experience in creating and perfecting custom blends and flavors, the third-generation family company uses a proprietary cold extraction process to ensure more than 300 flavors are preserved in its vanilla extracts.
“This year we are pleased to offer a strong supply of vanilla and flavor products to our customers,” said Kirk Trofholz, chief executive officer. “As one of the industry’s most innovative thought leaders, we are well-attuned to the growing demand for no sugar added and organic food products. In response, we are introducing several new products to answer customers’ call and give them more choices.”
- No Sugar Added Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract has the same rich flavor as the Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract, without the addition of sugar. It is produced from premium, hand-selected beans cultivated in Madagascar, the world’s leading supplier of the highest quality vanilla. It's the perfect all-purpose vanilla for its flavor and consistency in both hot and cold applications, including baking, roasting and grilling.
- No Sugar Added Pure Vanilla Extract features a proprietary blend of premium beans from select regions and uses our exclusive cold extraction process to draw out more than 300 flavor components found within each bean. It is ideal for both sweet and savory dishes.
- Organic Peppermint Extract is crafted from the finest mint grown in the Midwest. Perfect for flavoring teas and complementing chocolate in cakes, icings and ice cream. For a refreshing delight, add it to savory dishes such as pork, lamb and poultry.
- Organic Almond Extract is one of the most popular flavors used in baking. Bitter almond oil is made of stone fruit grown in California, South Carolina and Georgia. Pair it with vanilla, chocolate, maple or butterscotch, or use it sparingly to accent salad dressings, sauces, custards or ice cream.
- Organic Lemon Extract is produced from California lemon oil rounded out with peel notes. It pairs well with fish, pork and chicken dishes, and blends with a variety of herbs. Use it to add a splash of citrus to beverages, vegetables, cakes, cookies, frozen desserts, jams, pies, pastries and more.
- Organic Orange Extract is bright, sunny and refreshing. The extract is produced using rich, juicy orange oils from Florida balanced with notes from sweet, wild West Indies orange oil. It’s the perfect partner for savory dishes like rice, chicken and fish as well as fruits, jams, marmalades, salad dressings and desserts.